Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday 30th January 2010…one of the times I wish I had a better camera…

I really like and enjoy my little Cannon camera, it is so small it fits in the palm of my hand and it is easy to use and perfect for my travels…BUT……last night I do wish I had a better camera.

moonNow I cannot take credit for this I borrowed it from the world wide web….BUT…I saw the most amazing sight I have seen for years last night….imagination is needed for this.

I went outside about 11.30pm last night and it was the biggest and brightest full moon of 2010 and I saw the above image except now try to imagine a complete and perfect halo around the moon.  On the above photo with the size imagine a circle around the moon maybe one inch away in diameter and that is what I saw…it was so incredible it really was!!!

This morning I got up at 8am to watch the live broadcast of the women’s tennis final from Melbourne and I saw and enjoyed the last set.  To my amazement I also saw that the same station was broadcasting a live soccer game from England…..yes I am a bit of a fan…it was a good way to start my day.

jan 30 010 

At 11.30am I went to Casa Hogar as I had arranged to pick up the girls for the afternoon and I still have the car so that will be fun.

Our first stop was the library where they were showing kids cartoons, the girls enjoyed this.

jan 30 011

Paola took this photo as we were driving in town..

jan 30 012

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We then went to the grounds of a lovely hotel where they were having entertainment and a chilli cook off contest.

This buying popcorn is a serious issue…

jan 30 013

jan 30 014

There lots of people in attendance and there was entertainment

jan 30 015

In the rodeo ring…

jan 30 020

jan 30 024

These girls were so colourful and talented.

jan 30 026

jan 30 042 Father and son.

jan 30 043

The girls spent about half an hour jumping!!!

jan 30 058

jan 30 060

Needs no explanation!!

jan 30 062

Took the girls back in time for them to attend church.  I know I say it often but they are always so happy and polite when ever I introduce them to people I know they always put out their hand to shake and say hello, so sweet!!

Sara sent me these two photos taken in the fall of kids she was taking out for a ride in her boat at work!!

Out in a boat 007

Out in a boat 009

So where did January go??   Hope you have a great weekend, blessings Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...