Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday 12th January 2010…..a bus trip!!

I know I sound like a broken record but another cloudy cold day so I decided to take a bus trip to a city called Celaya about 50 km away.

I left around 10am and drove and parked the scooter in the RV park at Nancy and Terrie’s 5th wheel, walked about 200 yards to a bus stop and this bus came within minutes.

jan12 001

As you can see at this time it wasn’t very busy but did pick up more passengers along the way.

jan12 046

No they do have drivers, he stepped out for a minute.

The ride was interesting and took just over one hour and cost me 33 pesos, not even 3 dollars.

The bus stopped at the main Autobus Terminal.

jan12 042

jan12 045

I have never been to this city before but I knew I was a little ways away from the town centre so walked to the end of the street and found a small local bus

jan12 003

and for 5 pesos I was dropped off at the main square.

This town really is not very appealing, especially after SMA, the streets were quite dirty, lots of graffiti but some lovely old buildings.

jan12 009

jan12 018

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

jan12 012

The inside of the main church was very impressive.

jan12 015

As was the inside of this church.

jan12 004

I then strolled through the local Mercado..

jan12 023

jan12 022

Very sorry to say these little piggy's did go to market!!!!

jan12 024

Now let me take you back to the summer of 1963 and this Pearson boy realized he was never going to make it as a soccer player and before he joined the Police Force.

My first job was a Saturday job at the local Woolworths store.  On my first day I was assigned to the glass wear department and by the end of the day I think I had set the record for most broken glasses in one day!!

The next Saturday when I went to work my boss told me that I had been re-assigned.  Now in those days the store had a huge circular counter with a staff member inside and they had many different departments.  The one they picked for me was the bulk biscuit department but alas not the main cookie section for this kid,  I was given the responsibility of being in charge of my own little section of the counter…THE BROKEN BUISCUIT SECTION!!!!

Yes they had a special section where the broken biscuits were sold of at a special place and that is where I spent my Saturdays…

WHO WOULD HAVE thought 46 years later in a big city in Mexico they still have………WAIT FOR IT!!!!

jan12 032

and even a COOKKIE SECTION!!!!!!!

jan12 033

This made my day!!

jan12 037

jan12 040

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By mid afternoon it was time to find my way back to the bus station and my trip home.

I got back around 6pm and it was an enjoyable day but it is still cold…so a quick shower, supper and some TV and now I am going to call Sara…..have a great evening!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...