Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday 13th January 2010….and I thought Vancouver Island was the only place where the weather changed every 5 minutes!!!!

I promise my last post about weather, especially as the 15 day forecast is back to sun!!!

I woke up at 4am as I thought someone was trying to break into the house.  Upon groggy investigation it was the heavy rain pelting on the high ceiling of the bathroom.

I was supposed to go to a school celebration this morning at 10am but I could not go as it was still raining.

About lunch time the rain stopped and I decided to go to the down town market, I dressed warm as it was still cold.

So at the market this kind gentleman

jan13 004 sold me this bag containing

jan13 008

for 40 pesos…that is not even $3.50 dollars!!!!

When I came out of the market I was greeted with this

jan13 003 blue sky and sun!!

My next stop was my favourite bakery, apart from Sara’s home made bread this is the best bread I have tasted.

This old man sits on the bench outside the bakery most days and we have a routine now where I go in and I get him a muffin which he really seems to enjoy!

jan13 006

Today there was another man outside selling strawberries

jan13 005

Another 25 pesos spent..

jan13 010

My tea mug is there to show the size of the bag.

When I came home it was hot so time for my 21 laps….they are becoming a little easier now and then one hour of this!!!!   It has been a while….

jan13 011

At 5pm there was a presentation at one of the small theatres about the Mexican language, so I decided to shower and shave and go…

jan13 013

The talk was very interesting,  funny and informative,  of course when I was driving home it had turned cold again…..go figure!!!

Have a great evening and give a thought to all those poor people in Haiti going through some devastating times!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...