Thursday, January 07, 2010

Thursday 7th January 2009…..I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!

It is getting boring for me now..woke up to a cloudy cooler day….went for my Spanish lesson this morning, because I missed yesterday I had a two hour session today.  Lily is an excellent teacher and I do learn lots the problem is trying to remember it all.  I have been learning questions that I can ask the girls when I take them out.  So when I see them on Saturday I hope to be able to say a few things to them.

Happy to report I did my first 21 lap day….ran 18 laps and walked 3 and feel pretty good.  I spent most of the afternoon studying and getting caught up on e mails and then tonight I went into town to the same church I have been to before and watched another play.  They read the lines but it was very entertaining.

Now did I miss anything??

Not sure…

OH YES    THE TRAIN!!!!!!!!

I had a plan of action this afternoon determined to catch sight of my first train.  Very strategic but here is what happened.  I left the scooter outside the main gate, locked the house up and sat reading my book outside with my camera and keys close by.  At the first sound of the train whistle I was off and running.  Unlocked the gate and then locked it behind me, jumped on the scooter, sorry Heather, with out my helmet.  drove to the tracks parked the bike and I WAS READY!!

Her she comes!!!!

jan7 001

jan7 003

Well worth the wait..I counted  112 container cars…jan7 004

jan7 010

jan7 014

This was the last car….my Dad and also my Grand Dad worked on the railways in England.  My Dad only for a couple of years he was a fireman and was in charge of stoking the boilers.  My Grand Dad worked all his life on the railways and he was a guard, so it was interesting these trains don’t have the guards….My Grand Dad on his wedding day!!

Scan0025

I know you saw an abundance of four legged photos yesterday but couldn’t resist this guy he was tied up about 50 yards from the house!!!

jan7 016

Sara how about that guest blog??

1 comment:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Before you know it, you'll be speaking like a native!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...