Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Wednesday 1st September 2022...Rabbits!!

Make sure you said the required three rabbits today...


Well another story from today....


It was warm and sunny and I had a leisurely morning and then went to physio where they put me through some hard drills and proclaimed me ready to start tennis again......we agreed that I would not play this week but will play on Tuesday and then go back next Wednesday for one more session...great news.


Then it was time for afternoon poker and it was a win but only just, 50 pesos...but a win is a win.


Next I went to pick up Frida she is always so happy to see me what a great dog.....





So here the story starts we were walking down a very quite street and when we were about thirty feet from the junction six or seven people turn the corner and walk towards us...leading these folks is Wayne who does free mural art walks and obviously this was part of that group.


The next thing that happened is round the corner this very big brown dog comes a running, he is not on a leash and goes straight for Frida....it happened so fast I managed to get Frida behind me and I shouted at the dog and was ready to kick him....the dog moved back and then a man walked around the corner, part of the art tour, and called his dog and the dog went to him.


Frida made no attempt to go for this dog in fact she was a tad timid......as I said this all happened so quickly.


I went to the man and these were my exact words...’Sir you need to keep your dog on a leash in public places”.


His reply verbatim. “Don’t you tell me what to fu_ _ _ _g do you stupid bastard”.


He then came towards me with his fist raised..I immediately turned to my side to give him a lesser target and had my right foot ready to give him a very hard kick in his privates......I have played soccer all my life and I have a deadly right foot kick....


The man stopped a couple of feet in front of me said a few more swear words and turned and walked away.......he was a Gringo and maybe a few years younger than me and I really could not believe what had just transpired.


He is the kind of man that give Expatriates and dog owners a bad name.....Frida and I continued our walk and I was a tad upset at the whole incident.


When I got home I emailed Wayne and told him I was sorry to have disrupted his tour and he told me that after I left he told the man to please put his dog on a leash ....apparently the man shouted at Wayne and left the tour!!


We had torrential rains tonight and still raining bad I settle down to watch tennis from New York...


I like this..





Stay safe and healthy!


Yashi Kochi



2 comments:

Brendamae1 said...

Kudos to you for stepping up to defend Frida. How unfortunate to have such an unpleasant encounter with a foul mouthed bully. Hope it didn’t entirely ruin your day.

mexicokid said...

Thanks for your kind words..I did set me back but glad Frida is ok...that will get his justvrewards one day...forgot about him already..take care kes

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...