Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Wednesday 15 th September 2021..... a special day!!

Today is a very important day in Mexico!!

I am proud and happy to be here in this amazing country!!

A couple of weeks ago I told you about my
first day as a police officer in the big industrial town of Sheffield, England........
I was 19 years old, just a kid fresh out of the academy trying to make a career for myself.
Well now let me tell you about my very first night shift.....it was a miserable wet April night and around 3.30am in the morning, I was tired, wet and wondering if I was in the right profession.
I was on foot patrol and part of my duty was to check the door handles of the shops and businesses to make sure no one had left the doors unlocked.



This can get pretty boring after a while but my night was soon going to be anything but boring.....
I came upon a street with many shops one of which was a Chinese restaurant...




....as I approached to check on the door I heard this horrific scream from inside , a girls voice begging for help and not to hurt her...
Adrenaline kicked in and I thought what shall I do? I checked the door and it was locked but the screaming was full belt.......
I got on my radio..





and asked for assistance immediately and asked if I should try to force my way into the shop.......
My Inspector on the radio asked for a status report and I told him what I had heard and that I could still hear the woman screaming.
He told me that assistance was on the way but I should see if I could force my way into the business.
I pulled out my truncheon ...




and prepared to body check the door all the while thinking ...this is maybe my chance to get on the robbery or detective squad.
I was prepared to meet resistance not only from the door but from the culprits inside......
Just as a scream of police tires and reinforcements arrived




I charged the door broke it completely off the hinges and I fell to the floor inside.....
I rushed to my feet, truncheon poised and ready to crack some heads when I saw this very frail old Chinese man sat on a couch watching a movie on TV where woman was being attacked.



The restaurant soon filled with police officers most of them unable to hold back their snickers and laughs....
The Inspector arrived and I told him what had happened and it seemed to me I could see my career slipping away ......
I was not charged for damage to the door and I sort of still felt I had done the right thing but I did question my choice of careers after two miserable events in less than my first two weeks!!!

I love this...



Stay safe and healthy!

Yashi Kochi!!




No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...