Thursday, September 23, 2021

Thursday 23 rd September 2021..Hiccup!!

Another great two hours on the courts somehow makes my day when it starts with 🎾!!!

The story is a little complicated so I will do my best to explain.

I have a Temporary Resident visa which allows me to stay in Mexico for up to 4 years.....it is first issued for one year then I have to re new it here locally for the remaining three years.

I hire a facilitator to help with the process and although it costs a little well worth it.....my appointment to renew my visa was this afternoon and I met Jessica at Immigration...she had all the paper work done and I waited only a couple of minutes before we went into the little booth...after a few minutes of thoroughly checking the paper work the officer said there was a problem.....she pointed out that in my passport my city of birth is listed as Doncaster England but on my application it is listed as Yorkshire England, which is the country where Doncaster is located, because of this I was not able to get my Visa extended and I now have an appointment on Monday.

These kinds of little mistakes happen and it does not bother me at all I take it all in my stride and will go back on Monday and get my visa!!

Now to the car...this is a different set of problems......I am allowed to get the permit for the car also for four years with the same process.

When I returned into Mexico in  May with my car I was issued a permit which expires and as above I need to renew that locally and have it tied into my residency visa and then I am good for four years.

This problem arose when I went to renew the surname on my visa is Hallgate, which is my Mum’s maiden name.......what I believed happened is when I was getting the permit for the car even though my Passport, Visa, immigration form list me as Pearson the a*ent must have asked me my mothers maiden name as that is usual here and then my permit came out in the name of Les Pearson Hallgate.

As that name is different to my visa I have to return to the Mexican birder and get a new correct one!!

Still with me?????

So my plan is now to return to the local office on Monday and get my visa and on Tuesday drive to the border in Laredo and get a correct car permit and drive back.

I cannot drive into the states because the border is still closed to non Us citizens except for essential travel...I love to drive so none of this is a problem for me!!

I love this.....


Stay safe and healthy!!!

Yashi Kochi!!



No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...