Friday, September 17, 2021

Friday 17th September 2021...some not so good news!!

It is a little complicated but I will try to explain....

I am in Mexico on an Temporary Resident visa which enables me to stay for 4 years without having to leave the country.

When I returned here in May with my car

I was able to get a visa for six months and when this expires at the end of this month I knew I had to go to the local Immigration office and get a renewal for three years to tie it in with my Residency Visa.

The problem is that when I was issued this visa in May at the border even though my  visa permit, passport and driving licence all show my last name as Pearson I must have been asked at the car licence office what my Mother’s last name was, in Mexico some people take their Mother’s last name, consequently the car permit was issued to me under the name Les Pearson Hallgate.

I did not realize this till I was back in  SMA ......this morning I went to get the help of a local woman to help me facilitate this change and sadly it can only be done at the border!!

So this means I have to drive to the border, not leave the country, before 30 th September and get a new permit......not disastrous news but not something I really want to do, but I must......

More about that trip in future days.....

I am pretty sure the heavy rain that continues to fall...

Will again cancel my tennis in the morning, due to the rain I have not  played all week!!!

Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!





 

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...