Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thursday 25 th February 2021....one year

This is my post for one year ago...what a difference a year makes!!!


Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Tuesday 25 th February 2020... Day 16!!!

Today was hiking day!!

I did my research and found what I thought would be a great ocean cliff top hike and it was!!


I started out at this lighthouse area...







And I then continued along the cliff tops with amazing views....













Before dropping down to the stunning beach....





In walked to the end of this point..


Some weird rock formations..











There is just something about beaches and oceans that soothe me I guess all those years in Bermuda may have something to do with that!!

On the walk back..






The black circle is the furthest point I went to..















It was hot but I was well prepared.


I reckon I walked around eight miles and it felt really good!!


And my reward!!!!


Going here





For this..





Because this is what we did as kids ...






Shrove Tuesday / Pancake Day

Shrove Tuesday is the day before Lent starts on Ash Wednesday. The name Shrove comes from the old middle English word 'Shriven' meaning to go to confession to say sorry for the wrong things you've done. Lent always starts on a Wednesday, so people went to confessions on the day before. This became known as Shriven Tuesday and then Shrove Tuesday.

The other name for this day, Pancake Day, comes from the old English custom of using up all the fattening ingredients in the house before Lent, so that people were ready to fast during Lent. The fattening ingredients that most people had in their houses in those days were eggs and milk. A very simple recipe to use up these ingredients was to combine them with some flour and make pancakes!


Yashi Kochi

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...