Friday, February 05, 2021

Friday 5 th February 2021... a busy day!!

I received a nice surprise call at 9 am this morning

from my tennis buddy Loren asking me if I wanted to play with his double partners as one had to cancel...I immediately said yes and a few minutes later I was out of the door.


The game was being played at Loren’s Mexican friends home out in the country, I have actually played here a couple of times before a few years ago....


Alfredo has a huge beautiful home looking out at the mountains and a tennis court in his back yard......it was a step up in competition 

for me which is always good and I thoroughly enjoyed the time and the knee was perfect!!










 Came  home and got changed and was out the door again..this time to meet Lynn and her driver/helper Reyes and we delivered a lot of bulk food and supplies to the campo we are supporting.


Lynn had kindly bought me a hamburger and a big soft drink for the ride to the campo and I tactfully thanked her so much and asked if she would mind if I shared it with some of the kids I knew would be at the campo and she kindly said not at all.


So when we arrived I got these little guys to sit and I shared the drink and burger ....they loved it...





Many wonderful donors and here is some of the food we delivered...





Little Vincente was all smiles!!!!



As was his sister..





Glad to report that Arturo showed a little sign of improvement today and his parents are still outside the hospital....


Here is a photo of Arturo receiving his soccer ball last month for part of the Three kings celebration.......keep those prayers going for him.





Happy to report that last night around 11 pm I went on the government web site to register for the vaccine shot and I was able to get through and complete the application and I am registered...just have to see how long it is before I get the phone call!!





How about this shot of Boomer in my bedroom during my summer there a few months ago!!





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...