Thursday, August 20, 2020

Thursday 20 th August 2020....Day 188!!

Heather and Kirby took off this morning for a few days 

away visiting friends and I am so sorry they picked a time when the forecast is so poor...it has rained all day, so I hope they still manage to have a nice time..


The rain also cancelled my tennis morning but it did not stop me going to poker at noon.....this is our view..





I was back to winning ways with a convincing seven dollar win!!!


Came home and with rain coat on took Boomer for a walk in the hood.....


I have an evening of two live hockey games......


This sums up my feelings right now.







I book all my airline flights with Cheapo Air as their prices are much better than the airlines selling the same flights but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.


After my summer flights to England were cancelled I did receive two credits from Cheapo Air for over 1000 dollars and I found out from them I could only use the credit on West Jet which was the airline I had my original flights booked on.


Today I called them and enquired about some flights back to Mexico when they told me that not only could the credit only be used for West Jet they are now telling me it can only be used for flights to the original destination which was Paris and then returning to Vancouver....of course this got me going......


I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold.....holding......still holding....eventually the man told me that it was not possible at this time to speak to a supervisor because this call was being received to a private home in India........got going some more...


He finally took my number and said he would get the supervisor to call me within 48 hours...


I then called West Jet knowing really they would not be able to help as although the flights and credit are with their airlines I did not book with them.....I got a machine telling me that they were experiencing long waits and my call would be answered within 6 hours and 30 minutes...NO ONE can be that busy!!


Take a breath Leslie.........


To be continued!!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

4 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, I just checked, and those Westjet credits are good for 24 months. Why let this worry you, and use them when you truly go to the U.K. and/or the EU. However, I guess you might have less time on the credits based on when Westjet cancelled your flights because of Covid!!

I also know that US airlines are also flying in and out of Canada; Delta, in particular, is doing a good job of decontamination of air craft; and Delta may be cheaper than using your expensive Westjet credits.

mexicokid said...

Hi Dee that is not the case because I did not book through West Jet my credit is only good till 31 st January 2021 and must be used for the same travel destination as the original booking...not really worried just a tad frustrated in their policy and lack of customer service...I have resigned myself to having to pay for my return to SMA..thanks take care les

Dee Tillotson said...

Just curious, Cheapo Air is a travel agent/facilitator selling West Jet tickets, and Cheapo's credits policy supersedes West Jet's credits policy, right?! If my statement is right, yep, I would try to get hold of West Jet first. Down here in the lower 48 states, travel agents take no responsibility or make any policy because that would be accepting liability if there was an inadvertent screw up; any problem would be between me and the airline and me and the cruise line; travel agent just makes sure I get the right suite on a ship or I want an early takeoff on a plane. The travel agent is just my leg man and just reports back to me. If you talk ito West Jet and not even mention Cheapo's, you will get this straightened out. "Same destination" statement made by Cheapo's makes no sense. Credits are simply credits.

mexicokid said...

Hi Dee it is as I reported on the blog Cheapo Air will only give me credit until 31 st January 2021 and can only be used on the same airline West jet and to the same destination......the man told me a supervisor would call me within 48 hours but not holding my breath.
I have contacted West Jet directly three times now including last night and they are sympathetic but can do nothing as the booking was not made with them...
Thanks les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...