Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Wednesday 23 rd October 2019...a wonderful full day!!!!!

My morning started at 8.30am

At the gym and I think it was the hardest session I have had or maybe it is just because I do not like the early morning time but it is better for me than having it at 4.30pm when I afterwards have to rush to class when I am all sweaty!


Came home and had a lovely relaxing breakfast and then went for a short visit to see my long time friend and tennis partner Carolyn.......


She has been very sick for over five weeks and has not been playing tennis.....Saturday is her birthday and she and her partner, Parker leave tomorrow for a short trip to the US......so I wanted to go and say hello, I had a little birthday gift for her and then she and Parker presented me with an envelope with 5000 pesos as a contribution to the Three Kings....such a kind and generous gesture..many thanks!!


From there I went to poker and at the house where we play I was greeted by Norma who handed me an envelope again a donation for Three Kings, when I got home and opened it inside was a 100 US dollar bill.......such a kind donation too!!


Poker was another win this time 240 pesos....I am doing really well every Wednesday afternoon.

I had chance to relax a short while before I was off again......if you read Monday’s blog you will see about the birthday cake I ordered for one of my students Diana and what happened....I knew she was definitely coming to class tonight so I had ordered another cake exactly the same and I picked it up before class.


Tonight I paired them off and told them to find out three things about their partner they did not know as we went out of the school for a walk....


I took them to the courts where I play tennis it is only a few minutes away....I had gotten permission to bring them....and I showed them all the apartments, the three tennis courts and the Rv park..


There was one Rv parked there and the owner was outside, he was a single Canadian man..I quickly explained who I was and if he would talk to my students..... he was really good and he explained all about the motor home and they asked questions and I told them that I had a few years ago owned a motor home and parked in the exact same spot...they really enjoyed this outing!!


Back in the classroom they each told of what they did to pay forward and they all did something which makes me feel very happy....


Then we surprised Diana with her birthday cake and sang to her!!!












What a great night and day it was in every way...I am very humbled and blessed!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

You are blessed! You lead a wonderful and exciting life.

mexicokid said...

Thanks Chris..I count my blessings every day like my grandma told me to....cheers safe journey here. Lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...