Monday, October 21, 2019

Monday 21 st October 2019....good intentions!!

This morning I had my gym session at 8.30 am


It makes it easier for me on a school night to have my session early so glad Aaron could fit me in but I personally prefer not to work out so early..it was a hard session but hopefully I did OK!!


Came home and had breakfast and relaxed a little before going out to make three pick ups of donations...I like to do this I get to meet people tell them first hand what I am doing, see some lovely homes and enjoy collecting the donation!!


Before class I went to the bakery where I order all my cakes and picked up a birthday cake for Diana, one of my students, she graduated as a dentist and worked in that field for a few years before leaving to help run her Father business, hence the teeth on the cake.





Diana was in my class five last year and she is my only returning student this year...she is very lovey and dedicated and her English is very good...she is the lady that comes all the way for Delores Hildalgo on the bus to class a distance of about 45 km o e way...such devotion to her studies.


Anyway I only get to see her once a week because she comes to class on Monday and Thursday and I teach Monday and Wednesday....


Wednesday is her birthday so I emailed her over the weekend to ask her if she was coming to class tonight and she told me she was....so the plan was to have the cake at the end of class.


The head of the school asked all the students to meet in the courtyard at 6.15 pm and sing happy birthday to Roberto who is the security and handy man of the school and they had a cake for him..he was surprised and happy..





The Mexican tradition is after they blow the candles out someone pushes the persons face into the cake!!!!





Back in class it was obvious that Diana was not coming to class so I suggested to the students that we invite Roberto Into the class and wish him another happy birthday explain to him what happened and give him the cake to take home....they all thought that was a great idea!!


I really enjoy this class they are really amazing women and men!!


When I got home there was an e mail waiting for me from Diana saying she was sorry but a family issue had come up and she promised she would be in class on Wednesday, her birthday...so guess who is going to the bakery tomorrow to order another birthday cake????


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...