Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thursday 17th October 2019..rain stopped play!!

Well a sudden unexpected rain cloud appeared just before tennis and lasted

maybe ten minutes but enough rain came down to cancel tennis for this morning.......so I took my time over breakfast before going out to check on a school that is actually in what is considered San Miguel just maybe a seven minute drive from Centro..it was featured in the local paper two weeks ago as being a school that has some issues over land and they use two mobile classrooms..the surrounding area is very poor..I found the school and will include it in my schools to visit to hand out the gifts in January.


I did another two pick ups of cash donations and it has been amazing I already have just over 35000 pesos collected and tomorrow my article about the event comes out in the local newspaper so I expect some response from that...I have to order and pay for the soccer balls by the end of the month.


I had my English class tonight and it was seven in total all women..I had them move their desks away and we just sat around and talked for a while and then we went back to the list that I had given them last week which we did not finish..








They are such a remarkable class very inquisitive and I see them full of confidence which they did not have two months ago..makes me feel very proud!!


Am I the only one that thinks this is funny???





Yashi Kochi!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...