Saturday, October 26, 2019

Saturday 26th October 2019...off into the mountains!!

It wasn’t till I was having breakfast

and reading my emails that it had been raining and tennis was cancelled!!


So I had a real treat instead....yesterday my good buddy Gregg came over and lent me his Fire stick for a couple of months..it is a device that attaches to the TV and wifi and you can get all these shows and sports.


I found on one of the channels a live soccer game from England involving my boy hood team, Sheffield United playing West Ham united....it was a great game and  brought back so many happy memories of over fifty years ago when I was a Bobby on duty at the stadium!!!



A good game that ended in a 1- 1 draw!


Next it was an appointment to speak with a friend about one of the schools we are delivering gifts to, Bill wants to put on a pancake breakfast for us on delivery day to raise some money to buy a water cistern for the school.


I then met Gracie at my car and I took Einstein and Scout on another adventure into some different mountains...come along and enjoy the ride!!





Way up high into the clouds..








Very pretty scenery..











They love the walks and are very well behaved!!




















Notice on Little Bluey the missing hub cap..it has been gone for months and no idea how I lost it.....more on that later!!





Road side stall..





So I drove past this little hole  in the wall store......saw some rims so I backed up..





The owner was very friendly and we managed to communicate and he said he had a similar rim which he showed me and I asked how much and he said 400 pesos, figure that out in your own currency, and I said sure....





So here he is fitting the rim..


He looked good and I went to pay him and he stopped me and immediately went about taking off the other three rims and putting the new ones on....now they all look the same..





I thanked him and asked how much and he looked at me like I just told you 400 pesos...could not believe it all new rims and fitted for that price..he received a tip and a handshake!!


Incredible sunset tonight from my patio unfortunately could not capture the true beauty!!








I think this is too funny!,



Also want to wish two special ladies a very happy birthday today.....My great tennis part of eight years Carolyn.....and also the young tennis star out of Pepperdine University, Ashley.....hope you both had a great day!!



Tonight we change our clocks. .....I always get confused about forward or back but I will figure it out!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...