Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Wednesday 18th September 2019...a different day!!!

A bit of a change in my Wednesday routine.....


My gym session is at 4.30pm which makes it a rush from poker and then also getting to school after the session so my great coach Aaron emails me when he has a cancellation during the day and last night he contacted me telling me he had an opening at 10.30am this morning which is perfect!!!!


So off I went to the gym and the session was intense, hard and almost fun, but not quite, but I am so pleased afterwards that I went.


I came home intending to shower and get ready for poker only to find out that poker is cancelled as two of our guys were sick and we cannot really play with four players, so it was cancelled.


That was good as it freed up my time and let me watch a live European soccer game and relax before I went to school at 6 pm!!


It was great to see all my students again and this class started with them all telling what act of kindness that had done since we last met...some of the stories were truly humbling...they have already picked up on the context of this and now will do it every week.






Last class I told them to write down four sentences on a piece of paper...two of the sentences false and two true.


Then I had them come to the front of the class and read the sentences and the rest of the students had to guess which were true and false.....


They enjoyed this plus it got them out in front of the class which I can tell already they are more comfortable with....it was fun.


I then brought copies of this article in for them.......






The Terry Fox run was last week and we all read aloud the article and then talked about it....I try to interest them in different cultural and informative things and I could sense they enjoyed this article.

Finally we finished up by dividing them  into two teams and playing charades and lastly they received chocolate!!!


What a great class I am privileged to be a part of!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Which gym do you go to? We use Wolf's and I also used Boom for a couple of months.

mexicokid said...

I use Wolf and I have the best personal trainer I have ever met.....cheers stay safe les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...