Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday 13 th September 2019...watch out!!!


I had bonus tennis this morning..another group asked if I would sub in this morning and of course I said yes always nice to play with different people, it was good fun!!


I relaxed most of the afternoon before going into the main square at 5 pm....Aaron, my trainer had told me of this huge 5 km race around the town centre so I went to watch..it is all part of the Independence celebrations taking place this weekend..the main Jardin was packed!!!







I saw Aaron and wished him luck and soon the race was underway..the prize for the winner is to carry the torch on the parade on Sunday!!



The winner..

The first female...







It was such a great time to see so many families out just having fun, no crying, no drunks no brawls!!!








As I write the moon is covered in clouds but enjoy it wherever you are!!




If you’re superstitious, you might want to hide under a rock today...

Not only does this Friday fall on the 13th day of the month, but it also takes place on the full harvest moon. What’s more, it has been 13 years since the last harvest moon fell on a Friday the 13th — talk about spooky.


The fear of Friday the 13th is called Paraskevidekatriaphobia, but it’s unclear exactly why or when the fear of the day first developed. To some, the number 13 is considered innately evil or is associated with bad luck. As a result, many buildings don’t have a 13th floor, and many people try to avoid things with the number 13 on them, such as jerseys.

According to the Old Farmer’s Almanac, what makes the big day even more special is there won’t be another another Friday the 13th with a full harvest moon for a whopping 30 years; the next one will take place it on Aug. 13, 2049.


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...