Monday, September 02, 2019

Monday 2nd September 2019...a holiday in Canada!!!

It is hard to believe that we are into September this has gone by very quickly.....


Today is a big holiday in Canada it also is the last day before the kids go back to school and signals the end of the summer!!


Labour Day, the first Monday in September, has been a statutory holiday in Canada since 1894. It originated in the first workers’ rallies of the Victorian era. Historically, workers marked the day with various activities. These included parades, speeches, games, amateur competitions and picnics. The holiday promoted working-class solidarity and belonging during a time of rapid industrialization. Since the Second World War, fewer and fewer people have participated in Labour Day activities. Nevertheless, it remains a statutory holiday. Many Canadians now devote the Labour Day holiday to leisure activity and family time.


Went into town to do some chores today it is so easy to get around on the scooter.


I was back home around noon and had some lunch and did a few chores around the house before settling down to watch some afternoon tennis!!


At 4.30pm went to the gym for my session with Aaron, it was good to see him and the workout as always was hard but almost fun!!


Now with school I don’t have time to go home so I change and clean up at the gym and then it is only 50 yards to my English school, so that is very handy!


Today was the first class and I was happy to see my  students, with  one of them returning from last year....in total I have nine students!!







I introduced myself, told them about myself what to expect in class and got each one of them to come to the front of the class and tell a little about themselves..they always find this so hard and they are so nervous but I tell them in four weeks it will easy for them...





They are a really nice group and I know I am going to enjoy this semester!!





Showered and had dinner and now of course you guessed it ..watching tennis!!

I liked this!!!





Yashi Kochi!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...