Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Wednesday 18th July 2018...back at the Bank!!

Anne dropped me at the train station at 8 am and it was real easy to get to  Gatwick airport......a thirty five minute train ride and the train ends up virtually at the check in for the flights.


Found out my flight was going to be two hours late and I knew that meant I would not get the ferry I had planned to get at 5.45pm...so no worries!!!


The flight was ten hours but I paid extra and got the exit row aisle seat with the extra legroom well worth it!!!


So shots from the plane..

















In Vancouver I took the sky train to down town and then a bus out to Horseshoe bay ferry terminal where I caught the 7 pm ferry.....it was a great crossing and it appears the sunshine is following me yet again!!!









Heather was at the terminal in Nanaimo waiting for me and great to see her again...a quick drive to the house where Kirby and the boys were waiting...this is just like coming home for me I feel like family and am so thankful for their kindness.


I will admit to being tired after being on my feet nearly twenty hours....


I am staying for a month and all you may read during that time is



I played tennis today

I played pickle ball today

I took Boomer for a walk today

I hiked today...


You get the idea!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

4 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Welcome back to "the Island" we would love to meet up with you some day!

mexicokid said...

I have a good friend Sara who lives in Duncan and I will be coming down to visit her for an afternoon how about we get together then I would like that? Cheers Les

Rita from Phoenix said...

We had a heck of a time pronouncing Nanaimo...just when we got it, we left the island. Love the wine tasting and the hiking trails...saw salmon swimming up river, critters and birds I haven't seen in ages or maybe never seen. And we looked for gem stones with the locals on some beaches...they make jewelry and stuff with the stones.

mexicokid said...

Yes it is a mouthful it took me ages to learn how to spell it!!!! It is a fabulous diverse island and should be on everyone’s bucket list...les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...