Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tuesday 24th July 2018...an afternoon with Mother Nature!!!!

I may as well say this and get it out of the way..they issued a heat advisory today hot and sunny temperatures for the next ten days!!!


My day started with a visit to the doctor..Heather had made me an appointment weeks ago with Dr.Williams all I wanted was a consult to attend a cardiologist but I knew before I even went it would be impossible the waiting time is many weeks.


To regress. When I had my yearly medical in SMA in March my doctor just wanted me to see a cardiologist just to check all was OK with my irregular heartbeat so now I shall get an appointment when I return to SMA in late September.


What struck me as very strange and I do not why I did it but my doctor here before he retired had been my doctor for over twenty years and Dr.Marco is my doctor in SMA...so when Dr.Williams walked in the consulting room she did so with a big smile...why would I just assume the doctor was a man????


Anyway I came home had breakfast and being as I had Heather’s car decided to go to a hike a few miles out of town and loaded up with lots of drinks and food went to the trail head of....







This is about a ten km loop trail and the first part is straight up hill through rain forests a really difficult climb but almost at the top the rewards of all that hard work are awesome!!!













 A few minutes later I came over the ridge and my destination Heart lake!!


Wow what a wonderful lake in the middle of the forest...












Had my lunch with these views...









I took another route back to the car and I was sweaty, tired but happy!!!


I stopped at the Nanaimo river on the way home just to take a photo.....a pretty busy place on a day like today.




Tonight a lovely supper and a soak in the tub and another day complete!!


The medication that Boomer is taking is keeping him very quiet and this is good the bandage is still on his tail and he is not trying to get to it so hopefully this will last through the weekend!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

An ambitious hike in this heat! Awesome pictures.

mexicokid said...

Yes I left a little late but it was awesome and a hidden gem.....cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...