Monday, July 09, 2018

Monday 9th July 2018......a different kind of a trip!!!

Had to happen cloudy skies and a bit cooler today......


Going not on a road trip but a train trip!!!


Malc managed to get me a train ticket for ten pounds and I used it this morning to take the train from the village the station is only two minutes from the house to Scarborough....










It was a good journey and my main purpose here was to go and tour the old ruined castle...










Very well kept and there was an audio guide and I walked all around...









Great views of the town and ocean...


















You can see it is not a bright day....


Afterwards I walked down the path to the ocean and looking back up at the castle..



The old church close to the castle..



And the resting place of













Then walked into the town it is a popular day resort and usually very busy but the beach was quiet...





Lots of amusements and tacky gift stores....



But still a fishing town..











I enjoyed my day but it started to rain so I walked back to the train station and caught a train home...really enjoyed my time.....


Late afternoon and evening Janet and I watched tennis from Wimbledon and Malc went to his Rotary meeting!!!



Another trip planned tomorrow stay tuned!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...