Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Wednesday 6th August 2014…….a day with Linda!!!

Woke up feeling good and around 8am went to the small restaurant where a free breakfast is served and I enjoyed, yogurt, fruit and cereal then came back to my room and made tea….already it was very hot and the skies so blue!!!

At 10 am I went with Linda to go visit with Guy who is here

DSC07282

The Veteran's Hospital in Tucson…..  the complex is so very large and the buildings really beautiful and the majority of the staff very friendly.

We found Guy in the therapy room doing his exercises!!

DSC07281

After he was finished we went into the lobby and caught up on the last few months…Guy is having back pains and at the moment they cannot find the cause of the pain so today he was to have more test and x-rays so hopefully soon the problem can be found and solved.  Guy never complains and over the last 2 months he has spent a lot of time here and it is so hard on him, Linda and their family…let us hope for good results from the tests!!

We stayed with Guy till he had his lunch and then took him down for more exercises and left him there.  It was wonderful to see him again…this hospital is really a huge complex and the staff is so busy thank goodness the Veterans have a facility like this!!!

Linda and I then went to my favorite store

DSC07283

and then to Wal-Mart where I shopped for an hour and Linda treated herself to a manicure!!!!

All around the north side of the city these beautiful mountains can be seen!!!

DSC07287

DSC07286

DSC07284

After we dropped the groceries off at the hotel we walked around the corner to a nice restaurant where we both had good home cooked meals……

Juts relaxing this evening and making plans for the journey back to SMA…

I shall leave here on Friday mid morning and drive 200km to Douglas which is a border town and then I will cross the border to the small town of Agua prieta where I have a room booked for the night….Saturday I will get an early start and drive 700 km to the town of Jiménez where I have stayed a few times it is a really nice hotel, very safe with 24 hours guard and I can park right next to my room and then on Sunday a long driving day around 800km but I get home late Sunday afternoon!!!!

Have a great evening!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...