Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thursday 21st August 2014……..that darn rain!!!!!

Well please do not shoot the messenger but I do need to tell you what happened this morning it is a bit graphic but you know me by now I tell it like it is…..

When my Mum passed away in 1995 I asked my Brother Malc if I could have Mum’s ruby anniversary ring and of course he agreed and I put it on a chain and have worn it around my neck ever since and then when my Dad assed away I again asked for his Masonic ring and I have worn both rings with pride….

DSC07477

I am not fond of gold so I have the rings on a length of leather and I know this sometimes wears thin……so back to this morning I get up around 7.30am and go to the bathroom and I stand as we guys do and in the process of doing my thing and with my other hand I went to straighten my rings out and the leather holding them broke and the rings fell off ..my Dad’s ring landed on the floor of the bathroom and you can now imagine where my Mum’s ring went…down the toilet…..I was distraught and so upset!!!!!

I did what only I could do and put my hand down and into the bowl and as luck would have it I was able to get my fingers on it and get it out….what a relief and a way to jump start my batteries to get my morning going!!!!

Well it happened because of all the rain last night the courts were too wet to play our tennis game this morning!!!

I had a leisurely breakfast and then decided to walk into town to do some errands…I like to walk and should do it more often you see so much more than when I fly by on the scooter!!

This is the track behind my casita leading into centro…

DSC07478

I cross this bridge every day and have never seen water in it now it is a fast flowing river…

DSC07479

Some of the sights

DSC07480

It is a little dark but this is man on his portable bicycle with a  knife sharpening machine

DSC07481

I have been having a problem with some tickets I ordered on line for my Brother and my bank asked for me to fax them a copy of the papers I had …my printer is not working for some reason so as I walked into town I went to the above store where they printed the forms and then faxed them for me.

I then went into one of the local markets

DSC07482

So many wonderful colors!!

DSC07484

In the market Andrea one of my students from last year has a shoe stall and I went to see her and had a visit.

DSC07485

DSC07489

On the walk home I went into the local bakery and then the butcher’s store

DSC07490

I really enjoyed the walk.

Back at home I took an hour and went on the roof and read my Spanish notes trying to study each day.

I then went to get Paola and took her to see the councilor and left her there and then went to deliver some things that Linda had bought for her maid Catalina…I went to her house gave her the things and met her three small and adorable Grand daughters!!!!

Next stop was at the big supermarket to get a couple of medical supplies for Rita and then dropped them off at her house before going back to get Paola and take her home.

Things are changing with her and Lotti told me that she is doing well she is no longer taking her medications and also her Mother has a boyfriend who is building an extra two bedrooms on his house and the family will move there in a few months..also Paola is now in middle school and wanted to go to the afternoon class instead of the morning which is Ok except she will not be able to go to her dance classes..so we arranged for me to take her out every Saturday afternoon..she is 13 years of age and now starting to make some of her own choices I am happy for her.

Home by 6 pm the days just fly by!!!!

So an interesting day don’t you think!!!!!
Yashi Kochi!!

3 comments:

Kevin Read said...

Busy day. It didn't start off so well though. Glad it turned out okay!

living.boondockingmexico said...

Missing San Miguel. Can't wait to pass through there in December. Glad you retrieved the ring. It could have been worse :)

mexicokid said...

yes so glad it ended well...look forward to seeing you Croft looks like you are having a great time with your sister cheers guys les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...