Sunday, August 03, 2014

Sunday 3rd August 2014……Birthdays!!!!

Three of my family were born on this day Tom my great nephew is 10 years old today!!!

Darren has a birthday today as well and I am sure Samantha is treating and spoiling him!!!!!

Peter also has a birthday today….Pete is my cousin Shelia’s husband…

So gentlemen I wish you all a great and special day!!!!

Woke up to rain…..who said it never rains in southern California!!!!

Caron made us all a wonderful breakfast and the plan was for us all to go out on John”s boat around 10am but because of the weather we stayed home and had a rousing game of Monopoly!!!!!

Stella had to go to her house and do some work so the rest of us went down to John’s boat and what a beauty it is!!!!

DSC07177

DSC07178

If you want to know why I am wearing long pants it is because there may have been a chance to go to Stella’s club and watch a polo game which I have never seen and she suggested I wear long pants but because we got a late start never made it so will have to wait till another time to see a game…..

We cruised around the harbor and although it was a bit cloudy it was not cold……the ritual Titanic pose!!!!

DSC07182

Caron has a great eye for good camera shots and she took all the shots of me thanks!!

DSC07183

DSC07185

DSC07186

DSC07192

Michael with his girl friend Berlin and Ashley!!!  Berlin and Michael leave at the end of the month for Peru for work and I wish them safe and happy travels!!!

DSC07203

DSC07206

The girls back on terra firma!!!!

John treated everyone to a wonderful lunch at the Yacht club thank you so much…… Ashley and I in a hamburger eating competition!!!

DSC07207

Pauline, Caron and I were dropped off by the ocean and walked home it was about 3 miles….it was a fun walk on tracks, then the beach then rocks…a good workout!!!!

DSC07214

DSC07220

DSC07213

Caron found me a pilgrim stick!!!

DSC07216

It was a great hike and I was tired and soaked with sweat when we got back and a hot long shower felt so good……

This evening Caron again made some fantastic food and we played another board game till 10.30 pm…..just a fun night!!!

I said good bye to Pauline and Ashley as they leave to go back to LA early in the morning…it was so good seeing them again and it is still hard for me to believe how tall and strong Ashley has become I am so proud of her as she is not only such a talented and dedicated  elite athlete she also is a caring, kind and educated young lady good luck to you!!!!

Also said goodbye to Michael as he leaves to go to work early in the morning and again such a pleasure as he is a great young man with the whole world at his feet!!!

These few days have been very special to me they have taken me in like I am a member of the family all so very kind, considerate and cannot do enough to make my stay so wonderful…so Stella, Caron and John thank you so much for your kindness!!!!

Tomorrow in the morning I continue my road trip towards Tucson it is over 900 km so I shall not do it one day and I have booked on airbnb a small apartment for tomorrow night in Indio, California so hopefully I can get a hike in after I arrive there or on Tuesday morning before I continue my drive to see Linda and Guy in Tucson…..

Hope your weekend was special too…

Yashi Kochi!!

1 comment:

Croft said...

Great photos Les. It looks like you had a fun time!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...