Saturday, August 09, 2014

Saturday 9th August 2014……….Mexico is Beautiful!!!!!!

The hotel was very quiet last night and I had a good sleep and was and on the road by 6am…it is not very often I get sunrise shots I am more of a sunset kind of guy!!!!

DSC07325

The first few hours were good quiet roads through the stunning mountains!!!

DSC07327

DSC07328

DSC07330

DSC07331

Driving in Mexico can be a challenge and you do really need to keep your wits about you because you never can tell what might happen

DSC07333

DSC07334

No idea on a quiet long stretch of road a double truck can loose it’s load, maybe sleepy driver!!!

DSC07335

DSC07337

DSC07338

Two guesses where my mind wondered to after seeing this sign?????

DSC07339

Soon I was on toll roads and the driving was easy….now a little quiz for you ..what has been missing from my blog for a few days now???

Semi naked photos of me…..NO

Semi naked random photos of girls in bikinis…NO

Taking photos of the food I eat…NO

Give up yet??

 

OK no mention of SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that changed today…Little Bluey is equipped with Sirius radio and what a great feature and today whilst flipping through the channels I found the Golf Station with live coverage of the USA Masters!!!!!I have listened to live soccer commentary but never golf and it was really interesting and passed a good few hours and I look forward to listening to the final round on my drive tomorrow!!

 

 

 

……it was not as hot as it has been the last few days but I still was thankful for neck wrap which really cools me down and then water and juice to drink,,,,,,740km later I was at my destination

DSC07345No.2 Jimenez!!

This is my third time staying at this hotel and it is really nice the rooms clean and spacious, the pool and grounds wonderful and the price is right!!!

Being as we are now in Mexico all the prices I mention are in Pesos I will do a one time conversion for you…

The cost of the hotel is 490 pesos which converts to 40$ Canadian……37 $ American and 22 pounds sterling!!!!!

DSC07340

DSC07341

The view from my room!!!

DSC07342

This is really like the Camino all over again instead of walking I am driving but packing up in the morning getting out on the road going long distances checking into a hotel and getting a cup of tea which is exactly what I did and then by chance turned on the TV and guess what???

DSC07343

I enjoyed the last few holes of the third round!!!!!

After I got unpacked I went into the centro I needed gas, money and a few groceries……..came home to a light salad and sandwich….no bath so a shave and a really long shower and I feel good!!!!!

Tomorrow is a long driving day almost 950 km but at least I will be home

DSC073463 is SMA

 

 

….Blessings and as this journey comes to a close just simply want to say thank you to everyone and I mean everyone…..you are special and you made my journey complete!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...