Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday 23rd August 2014………SD!!!!!

If you do not know what SD means you need to check back on the blog for most Saturday's……

7am up and had my breakfast watching game number one from England….the timing is just perfect because when the game ends I get on Little Blackie and drive down to the tennis courts for 9am and 2 hours of great men’s doubles…the weather was wonderful, the banter as always colorful and some shots were even pretty good…what a nice way to start my day…..

Home in time for a spot of lunch whilst watching game number two from England and this was a great spectator game lots of goalmouth action not always the case in soccer these days.

This game finished in time for me to make sandwiches, drinks and snacks and go over to get Paola…today she rode her bike and we went to the hills close to my casita and she rode around taking breaks to come for a snack

DSC07538

DSC07536

DSC07539

When she stopped for her sandwich I handed her the local newspaper which is bi lingual and there was a long article about Casa Hogar and we sat together and between her reading in English and me in Spanish we got through the article…

DSC07541

We then road back to her house we were gone about three hours and that was a lot of riding for her but she enjoyed it…we stopped by the store and told her she could choose two things and really proud of her she picked grapes and a juice.  Some things have changed since last Spring….she is now in Middle school and she has chosen to go to school in the afternoons so that will means she will not be able to go to her dance classes and also her Mum has a boyfriend who I met briefly and he seems really nice and he is building two extra bedrooms at his home and he wants the family to move in with him in October…also I notice that Paola is getting bigger and taller and more of a young lady so we have arranged to see each other every Saturday afternoons.  I had fun with her today!!

Back at home I did some cleaning chores, no Patti  is not coming today, and also did a bit of gardening on the roof… I think I need to buy some new plants I have lost quite a few but I need some help as I do not know what to buy!!!!

Just had left over supper from last night and it was really good..now going for a bath and then tea and cookies and there might juts be a live soccer game on from LA…I was at that stadium last year….have a great Sunday blessings !!!!

Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...