Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Wednesday 14 th September 2022..farewell Tom!!

 Last night when Tom was on his bed reading and I was on the couch writing I felt a slight tremor lasting a few seconds but thought nothing of it……about an hour later we had the most violent thunder and lightening storms and heavy rain and I was surprised to read the following article on the news this morning..


The agency announced that the earthquake was recorded at 37 kilometers east of Petatlán and was 10 kilometers deep.

The Mexican Seismic Alert System (SASMEX) reported that the earthquake did not warrant the activation of the seismic alert, because the energy estimation in the first seconds, did not exceed the pre-established levels.

An alert can be activated for certain cities and not for others, depending on the energy estimate and the distance where the earthquake originates.


For its part, the National Civil Protection Coordination (CNPC) reported on his Twitter account that As of this event, communication is maintained with the state and municipal units of Civil protection and the members of the National Emergency Committee (CNE), to make a preliminary assessment of the area.

According to the bulletin of the Tsunami Warning Center of the Secretary of the Navy (Semar), After the earthquake of preliminary magnitude 5.3 to the east of Petatlán, Guerrero, the generation of variations in sea level is not expected due to the location of the epicenter.







I could not find out much more than this and at 11 am we set off to drive Tom to the airport 40 minutes away for his flight to Mexico City where he is staying over night and in the morning he flies back home to England via a three hour stop over in Toronto!!






After I dropped him off I came back here to the Airbnb and it felt so strange not having his smiling face around….I went for a long Beach walk and did another 9000 steps!!


7 pm now and raining but in a few minutes I am going to go for my final swim as I head back home in the morning!


The last 12 days have been an absolute joy for me I have gotten to know my Great Nephew and what an outstanding young man he is…..his desire is to join the British military as an officer and in my humble opinion they would be lucky to have in in their ranks…safe journey home Tom!!





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...