Saturday, January 30, 2021

Saturday 30 th January 2021...a really nice day!!

Well I had a really fantastic two hours on the tennis court this morning...the sun was shining, my buddies were funny, we made some pretty good shots and just a joy to be out there!!





After tennis I went home got cleaned up and went to meet Lynn and her  local driver and handyman.....they had been and bought some food hampers and we went to the village about twenty minutes out of town where we were going to deliver the food.


There we met my friend Joyce who has a little casita in the village and really is like the local grandmother and does so much for the community.


This is some of the food hampers...





These two could not wait to have an apple and also wear the masks we had given them...





We went and walked around the community everyone was friendly and really the area is out in the country and very lovely but the level of poverty is stunning....





Most live in shacks like this without any facilities......


Thank you to all who have made a donation to this worthy ongoing cause.


We will go every weekend and deliver food and other small items people have donated.


Tonight it is my soccer team  playing on Tv so I am going to enjoy that....

Here are a few funnies for you!!


If you can't think of a word say "I forgot the English word for it." That way people will think you're bilingual instead of an idiot.  


I'm at a place in my life where errands are starting to count as going out.  


I'm getting tired of being part of a major historical event.    


At what point can we just start using 2020 as profanity? As in: "That's a load of 2020." or "What in the 2020." or "abso-2020-lutely."  


My goal for 2020 was to lose 10 pounds. Only have 14 to go. 

 

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.  

 

Senility has been a smooth transition for me. 

 

I may not be that funny or athletic or good looking or smart or talented. I forgot where I was going with this.  

 

I think I'll just put an "Out of Order" sticker on my forehead and call it a day.   

 

When I was a kid I wanted to be older...this is not what I expected.  

 

Life is like a helicopter. I don't know how to operate a helicopter.  

 

It's probably my age that tricks people into thinking I'm an adult.  

 

Marriage Counselor: Your wife says you never buy her flowers. Is that true? Me: To be honest, I never knew she sold flowers.   

 

If 2020 was a math word-problem: If you're going down a river at 2 MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?     

 

Coronacoaster: noun; the ups and downs of a pandemic. One day you're loving your bubble, doing work outs, baking banana bread and going for long walks and the next you're crying, drinking gin for breakfast and missing people you don't even like.  


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...