Monday, January 25, 2021

Monday 25th January 2021......a new week!!

This morning I went to the physio again I have two more sessions left and Fernanda again gave me plenty of strength exercises..I do think the swelling is going down but again I have no pain at all.

I was home by 1pm and stayed home the rest of the day..just puttering around with all my plants inside and out, some lounging on my new chair, reading...doing the tennis schedule for February.....

I like this...




Also like this..from my blog a few years ago!!

Some pearls of wisdom here!!!


Gas Pump Wisdom
A Johannesburg, South Africa filling station has become quite a landmark with its daily #PetrolPumpWisdom – uplifting quotes written on a chalkboard.  Some motorists say they deliberately travel this route just to read the quote which brightens their day.
Here’s a selection:
chalkboard-quotes3
chalkboard-quotes16
chalkboard-quotes
chalkboard-quotes14
chalkboard-quotes13
chalkboard-quotes6
chalkboard-quotes7
chalkboard-quotes8
The lady behind this wonderful initiative at Hutton Hyde Park is Alison Billett.
She told SAPeople: “We inherited the board from the previous owner, Dick Hutton, when we bought the filling station from him almost 20 years ago.
“We continued the tradition and it has become a landmark – more so now that it’s on social media!
chalkboard-quotes11
“Not a day goes by when I don’t get a call or a visit from someone to tell me how much they appreciate the message – it seems that every day there’s something that just speaks to what is going on in someone’s life and that inspires or motivates them.
chalkboard-quotes9
“Having people come and tell me their stories and how the quote helped them in some small way is what motivates me to keep writing!
“We use a variety of quotations – some are topical, some are funny, some are inspirational, some even reflect what is going on in my life that day!
chalkboard-quotes10
“Different things appeal to different people...
chalkboard-quotes15
“The boards were spotted by a motivational speaker from the UK, Geoff Ramm, when he was driving by one day and he was so taken by them he included a piece about them in his book!
chalkboard-quotes5
“The boards have appeared many times in newspapers and magazines and been spoken about on radio stations all over the world. 9GAG has re-tweeted them a few times too!”
Bob 95 FM in the USA recently posted Alison’s “Rest in Peace” quote which has now been shared over a quarter of a million times around the world!
peace-chalkboard
“Probably the most reaction we got from members 

My dinner tonight 

It was a spectacular sunset ton but not capture the full glory...

Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!



No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...