Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Wednesday 9th sep 2020..Day 206!!!

We are really going through a great spell of wonderful warm and sunny days and pleasant evenings!!


Spent three hours on the tennis court this morning it was really good I do enjoy my time spent down there....


Came home and took Boomer for a walk around the neighbourhood and then went to do my first volunteer shift as a meals on wheels driver....





I applied for this position a long time ago but there was some issues in my criminal records check when I received a letter from the RCMP asking me to go into the station for a fingerprint check as two people with similar names and dates of birth were on their list but when I called to make an appointment they told me they were no doing this service during the Covid and it took until this week to get approval...anyway......today was my first delivery...they sent me me out with another lady to show me the ropes...


here I am loading up the car...










We had eight deliveries and it went really well....I enjoyed doing a small part of community give back and I am signed up for the next two weeks...


This is a typical menu...





It is a wonderful service...


Now relaxing watching live tennis from New York..


the countdown is on I leave three weeks today🇲🇽


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

The meals menu does not sound bad at all, and if Blaze has a built in GPS system for delivery addresses, you will accomplish your tasks rather easily. In my younger days when I would make those deliveries, the dogs would chase me to the door because they smelled the food; I had to call ahead so that their dog was not in the yard; don't know who got to the food first once inside the house.

Because of the Covid, this year we just have cars pull up to the Food Bank, have them open their trunk, and load a couple of bags of staple goods, canned vegetables, a block of cheddar cheese, and a few pieces of fruit, enough for a family of 5 to get through the week; and if they haven't found a job yet by next week, the family is back again to pick up a few more groceries. I wanted to give them some of the fresh okra I bring in so they could make a large pot of okra and tomato soup, but most hate it so bad that they would rather starve. HA!

But you do get to meet a lot of people while doing this, but always with your mask on.

mexicokid said...

No it went very well and really easy and each person were thankful and polite...just a shame there are so many people with needs like this...good for the Food Bank for still helping out...take care be safe best wishes Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...