Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Tuesday 1st September 2020...Day 200!!




You should know what to say by now on the 1st of the month!!



Great sleep and woke up to a lovely sunny day.....


After breakfast and a chat with Croft I was packed up and ready for a day of waterfall hiking in Strathcona Provincial Park.



Lovely drive...











It was about one hours drive to my first hike to Upper Myra Falls...


You have to drive through an active mine to get to the trail head..the mine is in full working order extracting gold, silver, zinc and copper...








This was a six km return hike through rain forests...





Until I could hear the thunderous falls..





A good viewing platform...


Great falls..... can you see the Pearson water  bottle falls to the left!!!





Then it was back down the road to the parking lot for Lower Myra falls..

Nothing exciting happening on this drive....





Well maybe!!!!





I love to see them!!!


These falls are quite amazing flowing into Butte lake...





I found a way to get down to the beach and look up at the falls and had lunch then an afternoon sunny nap....








Then went up to the falls..

Quite spectacular!!!





That is the little beach I was on....












Just a fabulous place I think one of my trip favourites!!


My next stop was another thirty minute drive and then a short trek to Lady Falls...





Yet again another fabulous waterfall...















Tonight Croft and I watched the Vancouver hockey game..they had to win to stay alive in the series and it was a well played game in which they managed to come out on top....


I leave tomorrow and head back home..it has been a nice few days and really good to visit with Croft and I thank him for his very kind hospitality!!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


I had trouble posting this blog last night..so going to post it Wednesday..


I left Croft’s this morning after a wonderful short and happy get away....I am now back in Nanaimo and right now leaving for ♥️ ♠️ ♦️ poker..what an exciting life I have....


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

An exciting life indeed! You have covered more of this island than most! Excellent pictures!

mexicokid said...

Thanks it truly is an amazing island but I still have the whole north island to explore one day cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...