Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sunday 20 th September 2020..Day 215!!!

Woke up to clear skies, blue skies and quite a warm morning....a good day to spend three hours on the tennis courts!!!

Came home took Boomer for a walk and the rest of the day is going to be sport watching, tennis and soccer!!

I am also starting to think about all the last minute things I have to do, organize, before I leave Canada on 30 th September .

I called my brother tonight and had a nice long funny chat with Janet and Malc......I do have permission to tell this story!!

My Father was born William Percy Pearson and all my life I only ever heard him being called Percy and my Mum used to call him Perc.....

On that sad Valentine’s day in 1995 when Mum passed away and I went over to England and before I returned back to Canada my Dad took Malc and I aside and told us that all his life he has not liked being called Perc or Percy and from now on he wanted us to call and refer to him as Bill....of course this was a shock to both of us and proved quite awkward at times especially when I would take my Dad somewhere I had taken him before when he was Percy and introduce him as Bill.

Anyway you needed to know that information...

Janet and Malc have a bird bath in their back garden and they have been getting frequent squirrels eating and bathing in the bath so Malc constructed something, I do not know the full details, but the idea was it would keep the squirrels out...and so it did for a few days.

About a week ago they woke up to see that a pigeon had some how got stuck inside the bath and the new construction and it appeared to be flat on it’s back and no longer on this earth anymore...

My brave brother went out with a shovel with the thought to remove said pigeon and dispose of in the woods....as he approached and was in the process of doing this fine deed he realized that in fact the bird was not dead but injured.......

My lovely caring SIL called the animal hot line asking for help but they told her they do not respond to bird in distress calls so......wait for it.....yes.....Janet and Malc have adopted the pigeon and pledged to guide him to good health and of course he has to have a name...

you guessed it.....Percy the pigeon!!!!

So they have been feeding the bird and he is making a great recovery and I suggest they go to the registration office and officially adopt him!!!!

We Pearson are a funny bunch!!!

I like these shots!!





Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!



No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...