Thursday, September 24, 2020

Thursday 24 th September 2020...Day 220!!

The storms continue and woke up to heavy rain again.......I spent the morning sorting my stuff, decided what I am going to put in what case and doing laundry.

In order to try to be extra careful on the flight from Vancouver to Mexico City, almost six hours in duration, I paid an extra 60 dollars to get the aisle seat in the exit row, which affords me extra leg room.




This morning I received an email from the airlines Aeromexico asking my if I wanted to upgrade my seat to Premier ...all I had to do was make an offer!!
They will let me know before I check in if the offer I make has been accepted and if it is I will be charged on my credit card, if it is not accepted, no charges.....be interesting to see what happens, I offered twenty five dollars!!

This afternoon was poker and this is the last time seeing the guys......I have been in this group almost twenty years and really enjoy the guys we have a great time.....I finished the final time winning again, this time twelve dollars!!!

I did manage to get some shorter walks in with Boomer in between the heavy showers and tonight is going to be a movie night!!

I like this...

WHY MEN DON’T WRITE ADVICE COLUMNS!!!!!

> Dear Walter,  
> I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving  
> my  
> husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than  
> a  
> mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a  
> halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I  
> couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbours  
> daughter. I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbours daughter is 22.  
> We  
> have been married for ten years.  
> When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been  
> having  
>  
> an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave  
> him.  
>  
> He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been  
> feeling  
> increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever  
> since  
> I  
> gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go  
> to  
> counselling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.  
> Can you please help?  
> Sincerely, Sheila  
> ******************************  
> Dear Sheila:  
> A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a  
> variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no  
> debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and  
> hoses  
> on  
> the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these  
> approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is  
> faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.  
> I hope this helps,  
> Walter


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!



2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Well, that started my day with a laugh!

mexicokid said...

Good..I thought it was funny too..cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...