Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Tuesday 15 th September 2020..Day 210!!

Still not wanting to go down to the courts although 

today was a tad clearer......


Boomer had his Cousin Ozo come over for the day so I took the two of them out for a huge hike this afternoon, they were both on leash and wer really good and then we went to one of the local dog parks where they had fun running around...


They look pretty tired....








My friend Croft sent me this photo..





Which was taken many years ago when our paths crossed in the motor homes...I just hope I did not eat that gigantic piece of meat!!


Then going through my files I found this one...





I was lucky enough to have been the Bermuda Police tennis champion for about four years in a row......look at the legs and the sweaty shirt!!


So grab a beverage whilst I tell you a story....


In 1963 when I was 15 years old as most of my long long time readers know I was raised in the Salvation Army and in that year I was voted the harvest homecoming king and Anne was voted the Queen.....


I don’t remember anything about our duties but I do know that she was my first girlfriend and I was her first boyfriend......back in those days dating was maybe holding hands, stealing a rare kiss..we were very naive and very young.


Of course our parents knew each other and we just hung around together with our other friends from the church.....


We dated a while and I honestly do not know what happened to us after I left the church but we lost touch with each other.


About five years ago I received an email from my brother asking me if I remembered a girl called Anne from our younger days and of course I did....


He told me that he had received an email from her wanting to get in touch with me and I said of course..


So Anne emailed me, this would be 52 years after I last saw her....she told me that she has had a wonderful life, a fabulous husband and one great son.....sadly, Jim her husband passed away about five years ago and she was looking to do some travelling and wanted to go to Mexico so she googled Mexican travel.....one of the sites that showed up on her computer was a blog which she opened and read and she liked the blog so she went back into previous years on this blog and said she enjoyed the stories but it wasn’t till a few days of reading the blog that she saw a photo of the writer of the blog..and yes you have guessed it...it was me...she was totally amazed at the coincidence!!


Then she contacted my brother and that is how we came into contact again all those years later.....


That year I was going to England to visit my family and she invited me to come visit her and I did...


It was great to see her after all those years and she remembered a lot more about our youth than I did....


It was a special reunion and I stayed with her on other visits to England and in fact was supposed to stay with her just a few months ago when I was supposed to go to England.....


So Anne has kept me up to date on her life and the new man in her life and I am so happy for her this is her wedding day yesterday!!!





Congratulations!!! the Harvest King!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...