Monday, March 19, 2018

Monday 19th March 2018..a learning curve!!!!

I am hoping the six dollars I spent to down load an App helps me publish the blog easier than before...we will see!!!

Today is a holiday in Mexico...


The birthday of Benito Juárez is celebrated as a public holiday in Mexico on the third Monday in March. This national hero is known for making reforms to create a democratic federal republic.

This monument in Mexico City is dedicated to Benito Juárez
©iStockphoto.com/g01xm

Celebrate Benito Juárez Day

A few political events are held to celebrate Benito Juarez’s birthday. His birth city San Pablo Guelatao hosts a range of activities, including contests, tournaments, fireworks and popular dances, to honor him.

Public Life

Benito Juárez Day is a federal public holiday in Mexico. Banks, schools, government offices and many businesses are closed. People intending on travelling via public transport in Mexico should check with public transit authorities on any timetable or route changes.

About Benito Juárez Day

Benito Juárez was born in San Pablo Guelatao, Oaxaca, on March 21, 1806. He was a lawyer who later held many public offices including as state legislator, civil judge, government secretary, and governor. In 1853 he was exiled to the United States due to political conflict. The following year he helped publish the Plan de Ayutla, which ended the dictatorship of political leader Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, thus convening a new Constitutional Congress.
In 1857 Juárez was elected president of the Supreme Court of Justice, a position he held until December of that year, when he became president. From then until his death in 1872, he led the government during historically significant events including the Reform War, the French Intervention, the Second Empire and the republic’s restoration.

After my workout at the gym I went into town I had lots of time as there is no English tonight because of the holiday.....I used my Smart phone to take these street scenes...







Such vibrant colours!!








I did it I think but not sure how.......will figure it out soon I hope,,,

YASHI KOCHI!!!!





















4 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Looks good to me Les! Cheers.

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, looks good to me, too. The app I think was worth the six dollars. The pictures are crisp and colorful!

Dee Tillotson said...

P.S. Your last photo of Jesus' crucifixion sculptured in white against a vivid blue sky was remarkably good.

mexicokid said...

Thanks for the kind comments but I still need to fine tune it and of course clicking on the photos enlarges them have great days both of you cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...