Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday 13th December 2012….Mariposa day!!!

 

 

 

Vitamin F......

Why do I have a variety of friends who are all so different in character? How is it possible that I can get along with them all?

I think that each one helps to bring out a "different" part of me.
With one of them I am polite. With another I joke. with another I can be a bit naughty ..
I can sit down and talk about serious matters with one. With another I laugh a lot. I listen to one friend's problems. Then I listen to another one's advice for me.

My friends are like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. When completed, they form a treasure box. A treasure of friends

They are my friends who understand me better than I understand myself.

They're friends who support me through good days and bad.Real Age doctors tell us that friends are good for our health.

Dr. Oz calls them Vitamin F (for Friends) and counts the benefits of friends as essential to our well being. Research shows that people in strong social circles have less risk of depression and terminal strokes.

If you enjoy Vitamin F constantly you can be up to 30 years younger than your real age. The warmth of friendship stops stress and even in your most intense moments, it decreases the chance of a cardiac arrest or stroke by 50%.
I'm so happy that I have a stock of Vitamin F!

In summary, we should value our friends and keep in touch with them. We should try to see the funny side of things and laugh together and pray for each other in the tough moments.

Some of my friends are friends on line. I know I am part of theirs because their names appear on my computer screen every day and I feel blessed that they care as much for me as I care for them.

Thank you for being one of my Vitamins!!

Thanks Carolyn for sending this to me.

Well a big day today and up at 7am and packed some good food and drink and drove to the RV park where Paula, Jerry and I then met out great friend and tour guide driver Jaime, we drove to pick up Gail and Bill, friends of P & J from Nova Scotia and off we went to see the butterflies.

DSCF7132

 

Photo stop on the way.

DSCF7130

Jaime is a wonderful tour guide and driver, his English is better than mine and his local knowledge is exemplary…..about three hours later we were here!!!

DSCF7140

The elevation is about 9000 feet so the steep climb to the Sanctuary included many stops…

DSCF7144

DSCF7145

DSCF7143

DSCF7146

After the climb we came out into the meadow and even here a soccer field!!!

DSCF7155

Unfortunately as we got closer to the sanctuary the sun disappeared and it became overcast and a little cool certainly not perfect for flying butterflies but there were some flying at tree top level..

DSCF7159

DSCF7156

But these trees were covered in 1000’s of them all huddled together!!!!

DSCF7166

Those clumps are actually butterflies…amazing!!!

DSCF7162

This one took a liking to Jerry!!!

DSCF7168

DSCF7170

Thanks to Jaime we now know which is the female…

DSCF7173

The top one!!!  The male below has the two black spots!!!

It really was quite thrilling to be in a place where the wonder of nature again shows are lucky we are to be able to witness something so lovely…….even though they were not all flying around like I have been told they do on a sunny day ..it was still a thrill!

The walk down was easy!!

DSCF7177

DSCF7176

DSCF7185

The town close by years ago had a special visitor!!

DSCF7187

On the way home Jaime told us that he knew of a Monastery run by nuns and they had invited him any time he was passing to stop by and asked if we wanted to go and of course we all said yes!!!

It was a huge highlight of the day!!!

DSCF7214

It is a huge complex that started out in one big barn and now the last two years they have been adding buildings and it is very modern and beautiful……Mother Superior greeted us and she was very pleasant and then we had a tour…just us it was so special!!

DSCF7189

 

DSCF7190

DSCF7192

One of the ways they raise money is by making this special treat called Bunuelo!!!

DSCF7191

They brought us each a plate full…they were a bit like a donut kind of batter sweet and filling.

Then they asked if we would like to see the Sisters making them and catch a load of that flirt PEARSON!!!!!!

DSCF7197

Do I look happy or what????

DSCF7202

I just love these photos they were all so happy to see us!!!!

DSCF7206

It was such a thrill for us to be there not what you expect from a place of such religious beliefs…….Thanks Jaime!!!

Paula took this shot on the way home…happy with your photo credit Paula AKA Plonkita!!!

IMG_0303

We got back to the RV park at 7pm tired but really happy and a great day for the memory banks….

So relaxing with a cuppa right now…..

Yashi Koshi!!

4 comments:

Kevin Read said...

Imagine that we drove our motorhome almost all the way up there! We were there in early December of 2010. Definitely a "bucket list" type of thing to see.

Paula and Jerry said...

Today, (perhaps because we have been to the monarchs before and certainly not to diminish what an amazing experience it is), the visit to Monasterio Hermanas Clarisas was our high point. What a joyous time it was! We can't wait to return.

mexicokid said...

it was such a great time so glad we all went....tough drive in an RV!!! Les

Rick said...

I hope you bought lots of Bunuelo! Although the sisters look sweeter than the donuts.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...