Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday 29th December 2012……….a bit of a day!!

First of all my one and only Uncle Bram is celebrating a birthday today and with him and his beautiful bride Rita now owning a computer, I hope he sees this birthday wish.

Bram is my Dad’s younger Brother and the last remaining old clan Pearson boys…..I know I posted this photo for Rita’s Birthday last month but it is worth showing again, well I think so and of course it is my blog so what I say goes!!!!

DSCF4876_thumb[2]Sea side resort in England this summer!!!

Saturday morning so by now you know what that means the great men’s doubles tennis…on the way to the courts the church that is close by was hosting a huge baptism ceremony…..this was 8.45am!!!

DSCF7416-001

DSCF7417

One of the participants!!!

DSCF7418-001

This is taken from the court with the church in the background!!

DSCF7419-001

For the whole 2 hours we were playing the ceremony and music was blaring out!!!!

Came home for lunch and to watch a live soccer game from England.

I called Barbara the contact person for me at CH and explained that because I did not see Daniela as planned yesterday could I have her tomorrow at 3pm and to give her the bike I had got for her for Christmas and asked just for her this time……Barbara called me back after talking to the Madres and told me that she was sorry but Daniela  left two days ago to stay in the town about 40 miles away with the Brother of one of the Madres and that she was not coming back till 6th January …..for a rare moment in my life I was speechless….I thanked her for her time and I feel that I want to make no comment about the situation here but rest assured another meeting with the head Madre will be happening in the new year!!!

I then went back into town and met with about 25 other volunteers to wrap over 1000 Christmas gifts for needy children in the campos…this is the brainchild of a wonderful Canadian couple Sharon and John and I have been fortunate enough to be involved for the last three years…once the toys are wrapped and marked with appropriate age and gender they are delivered over two days next week.

So the plan today was that I was put in charge of one of the schools, the biggest school, and we had to get gifts for boys and girls from 3 years to 12  years over 270 gifts….my group was an awesome group and we sorted labeled wrapped and bagged all our gifts and now they are ready for delivery.

Then did some grocery shopping and now settled home with a good supper in my belly and  sorting out my appointments for the next few days which are going to be busy with tennis, Paola and picking up Sara who is arriving again this winter on Tuesday.

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...