Monday, December 24, 2012

Monday 24th December 2012…….honest Santa I have been REALLY good!!!!!

The below is borrowed from my good friend Croft’s blog!!!!
A Mexican "Night Before Christmas"

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through la casa,
Not a creature was stirring, I wondered, que pasa?
I was hanging the stockings with mucho cuidado,
In hopes that old Santa would feel obligado,
To bring all the children, both buenos y malos,
A nice batch of dulces and other regalos.
My brothers and I went to sleep in our camas,
Some in long underwear, and some in piyamas.
When out in the yard there arose such a grito,
That I jumped to my feet like a frightened cabrito.
I ran to the window and looked afuera.
And who in the world do you think quien era?
St. Nick in a sleigh and a big sombrero
Came dashing along like a little bombero.
And pulling his sleigh instead of venados,
Were eight little burros, approaching volados.
I watched as they came, and this fat little hombre
Was shouting and whistling, and calling by nombre:
Ay Pancho, ay Pepe, ay Cuca, ay Beto!
Ay Chata, ay Chopo, Maruca y Nieto!
Then standing erect, with his hands on his pecho,
He flew to the top of our very own techo.
With his round little belly like a bowl of jalea,
He struggled to squeeze down our old chimenea.
Then huffing and puffing, a little cansado,
He picked up a bag that looked muy pesado.
He filled all the stockings with lovely regalos.
Then chuckling aloud, seeming very contento,
He turned like a flash and was gone like the viento.
And I heard him exclaim, and this is verdad:
Merry Christmas a todos ... feliz navidad!

 

I am beginning to like these lazy mornings…French toast and bacon this morning…another English newspaper read and then Skype my Bro and Janet and then whilst I am talking them my Nephew Andy comes on the line and tells me to check my e mail..so I do and here is modern technology at work….Janet talking to me on the phone…….what happened to the old telephone system and Kodak Brownie cameras???

mum_dad_les

Janet that wall behind you would look fabulous in adobe red or chocolate brown!!!!!!!!!

So my first stop was the supermarket to get my usual Christmas gifts for the Madres I always buy them a nice hand lotion…so got 5 of those and off to CH….this time I was told I had to another girl with us so Chuya came along but not before I made an express point of asking just for Daniela tomorrow as I had special things for just her and Paola to do and attend and I was told yes I could have just Daniela tomorrow at 1pm.

From there we went to get Paola and when we got to her place her two smaller brothers were there, they live in a boy’s home in town but obviously home for the day…here is Paola’s Mum Ericka and little Adreas, 6 years old!!

DSCF7349

As Paola was in the car I asked Ericka if Andreas could come with us and sure he could so off we go…the choice they were given were the park with a juice and muffin or the ice cream shop!!!!

DSCF7351

The ice cream shop was unanimous choice!!

DSCF7353

Paola made sure her Brother was looked after…

DSCF7355

DSCF7356

DSCF7357

Hey if they get one I should too!!!!!

DSCF7358

Back to the car

DSCF7350

Next stop was the bakery to get some things for Paola to take home and for Daniela to take back to CH…

Too soon I had to drop them off and will them tomorrow again they were perfectly well behaved and they always say thank you when they get something.

Now I had to go and pick up their Christmas gifts and bring them back to the house do you think they will be thrilled tomorrow?????

DSCF7366

DSCF7365

DSCF7364

I cannot wait to see their faces!!!

One of the ladies I play tennis with was telling me last week about the International Tennis federation and that for 20 dollars you can join and then go and compete in any of the tournaments around the world…she has been doing this for years and tells me it is a fabulous way to see a new country and play tennis and meet new friends….so I am now a member

DSCF7367

perhaps I may be at Arthur Ashe stadium New York next year…just another option for travel and tennis….

Tonight I went with Diana out for supper at the Hotel Matilda, a really nice restaurant and wonderfully decorated for the holidays….had a lovely time……now waiting for Santa to come down the chimney and yes I have a chimney in the casa!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...