Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday 30th June 2012……..a beach day!!!

Well my first sleep in a while not in Tilley the tent was really good, quite warm but I kept the balcony door open and a good breeze came through…my breakfast of cereal and yogurt was good but I must admit I miss my morning cuppa tea!!!!!!

I decided today was going to be a lazy beach day and I packed up lots of drinks and fruit and a sandwich and went on about a 5 mile walk through town onto the path that leads around the coast, very pretty!!

DSCF1317

The town itself is on a peninsular and this is the view from the side it looks quite stunning!!!

DSCF1319

DSCF1322

DSCF1325

I found a place that seemed good to me and rented a lounger for 30 Kuna about 5 dollars for the day!!!

DSCF1328

My spot and below looking the other way!!

DSCF1332

Even a place to dry out my shoes…

DSCF1330

I had numerous swims in the clear warm ocean and slept and read and ate and thought and I am sure at some point snored!!!!!

I really enjoyed the down time…walked back into town and home and then after a long cool shower went and explored the old town.

It was fun getting lost in the labyrinth of the old narrow streets and artists shops and restaurants and friendly people abound!!!!!

DSCF1339

DSCF1342

DSCF1338

DSCF1340

DSCF1343

I climbed the hill to the church

DSCF1346

DSCF1347

DSCF1349

The church was beautifully decorated and a service was taking place!!

DSCF1353

DSCF1356

I bought some more juice and milk and was home by 8pm…..time for another shower and then modeling the Croatia National soccer shirt!!!

DSCF1362

You will not be able to miss me in this!!!

the view from the bedroom balcony tonight…

DSCF1358

I had hoped last night to watch a movie on Netflix but when I logged in a message came up saying movies not available in this area sorry…that’s Ok lots of reading researching and computer stuff to do…

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...