Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Tuesday 5th June 2012……on the road again!!!!

Really an easy morning of sorting and getting ready and then whilst Janet slaved over cooking, cleaning and packing the three boys went for a game of golf, pitch and put.

Before we go any further some back ground information on my Big Brother….Malc has been a member of a prestigious golf club for many years and repeatedly e mails me to tell me how well he is playing, which little club Championship he won and his nick name is Malcolm down the middle(you can guess why).

So before we leave he asks Andy and me what clubs we want to take with us and I ask for a 3 iron and a putter.  Malc tells me he doesn’t have a 3 iron but can give me a 5 iron and off we go to the course.  At this juncture you should also know that the last time I played golf was 2 years ago at this same course.

I am informed of the new scoring rules and let the competition begin…. and what a field 3 Pearson boys who all have a reputation for winning is the thing!!!!!

My T shot went straight but high and not very far…Malc and Andy did OK and the next hole my T shot went high and not very far, my third shot went high and not very far…do you detect a pattern here???

Anyway we are at the 15th T off with Malc way ahead in the points race when I examine my club more closely and see it is in fact not a 5 iron but a sand wedge!!!!!!! There after called a sandwich!!!

Well then the confrontation began and I accused him of deliberately setting me up and and that the game should be reviewed and an independent judge brought in…..it was decided that we would forget about the previous scores and at the final and 18th hole it would winner takes all.

Andy finished with 4 on the final hole and Tiger Pearson and myself had 3…so off we go to a sudden death play off…where modesty forbids me from telling you who won!!!!!!

DSCF9707

JUST CHECK OUT WHO IS HOLDING THE TROPHY!!!!!!

Came home to a great supper and then it was off to the rugby pitch!!!

My nephew Mark, Claire and their son Tom had just got back from holidays and Tom was playing Rugby!!!

DSCF9708Tom is No.3…

DSCF9709

DSCF9711

Yet another in the long line of Pearson super stars!!!!!

Sam and Darren and Andy and Claire and Mark and Tom all came over to the house for a visit and after they had left final preparations were made and we are all set for a departure time of 9am tomorrow!!!

We drive down to Dover

Map picture

and take the ferry across to Calais in France

Map picture

and then we drive about 40 miles to our first stop Bruges in Belgium!!

Map picture

The plan is to spend the day in Bruges before heading into Holland late Thursday!!

 

My Kings won yet another hockey game and are now only one game away from their first Stanley cup Trophy…GO KINGS!!!

la_83291

Not sure of Internet connections so I will blog when I can so keep checking back  in…..and in the meantime best wishes to my readers and thanks for following along with me…Blessings Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...