Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday 11th June 2012…..enough already!!!!!!!

DSCF9997

So I got beat again last night….I had a pretty good reputation as a Scrabble player on two Continents but if I do not win a game soon I shall not be responsible for my actions….Congrats Mally!!!!

We left our campsite on the Rhine this morning by 10am and travelled for a while through rain.  The drive was mainly on good motorways and again Malc had picked out the campsite for us and after a stop for lunch we arrived here in Freiburg at 3pm!!!

DSCF9998

All the camp sites so far have been top notch and this was no exception…for 22 Euros we get a great site, room for Tilley and the gorgeous lake 50 yards away…we soon set up we have a great routine and it is easy!!

DSCF0001DSCF0002

The lake which has a mechanical water ski set up…. never quite seen one like it but the skiers are attached to a rope and then ski around the lake…neat!!!

DSCF0006

DSCF0014

DSCF0013

Malc and I were hoping to watch England play France in soccer at 6pm and as luck would have it the camp ground was broadcasting the game….It is the European Cup Finals…huge games and we are having fun!!

 

DSCF0011

 

DSCF0017

It was a very entertaining game which finished in a draw 1 – 1…

Janet prepared another wonderful meal and I was the disher boy, this is my full time job and I love it…..on the way to the dish washing area this was my view!!!

DSCF0021

DSCF0018

DSCF0022

All cleaned up and 10.30pm already and time for the game………be warned I better win!!!!

Map picture

3 comments:

Croft said...

Les, would post photos of typical RV's people use in Europe? Take a walk around a couple of campgrounds and snap some shots. Thanks!

I am watching game 5. Cheering for the Devils! But don't hold that against me!

Carol said...

Thanks so much for taking us along on the trip!

I am enjoying it very much...

Carol

mexicokid said...

you are welcome and Croft some info on Tuesday's blog re sites, cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...