Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday 14th June 2012……….Gob smacked!!!

DSCF0098

Janet 3

Malc 3

Me …..forget it!!!!!!

My ego is completely done I shall never be the same!!!!

Spoke to Carolyn today as I had asked if she could go visit Paola and take her the Birthday bag I left for her…Carolyn told me that at first Paola was very quiet and sad but after a while warmed up and then when Carolyn asked her if she could take photos of her and the gifts to show me…she beamed and it was like a fashion show and when Carolyn left she was all smiles and happy…..Carolyn does not know how to download the photos to send to me(I shall not mention that she is blonde) but I am just so happy that Paola had a good day..thank you so much Carolyn!!!

OK Gob smacked..Google it if you do not know the expression!!!

We went out an a full days trip which started here

DSCF0099

DSCF0157

It is like a cog system.

Today was the birthday of the Railway and as a special offer they were offering the seats for 25 Euros instead of the usual 60 Euros.

DSCF0159the notes are quite bright and we are finding things very expensive here but todays train trip was worth much more!!!

So sit back and here we go up the mountain!!!

DSCF0100

DSCF0110

DSCF0113

As the name suggests Interlaken is in the middle of the two lakes..

DSCF0118

DSCF0122

DSCF0160

DSCF0163

The views after the tunnel…

DSCF0125

DSCF0126

DSCF0136

DSCF0129

After one hour we came to the terminal and were free to walk around I went off on my own and hiked further up the mountain it was majestic and spectacular!!!

DSCF0154X is where I hiked to!!

DSCF0162

DSCF0151

DSCF0155

DSCF0156

What journey would be complete with out this scene!!!!

DSCF0179

DSCF0177

It was a wonderful unforgettable journey..back at the parking lot by 2pm and we all devoured Janet's amazing packed lunch and then off to the tiny town of

DSCF0185

DSCF0183

DSCF0190

DSCF0186

DSCF0192

Back home by 6pm and the sun  still shining and I was toast!!!

DSCF0206

Time for scrabble say no more!!!!!

2 comments:

Croft said...

Beautiful scenery and great photos! Thanks Les!

Paula and Jerry said...

Gorgeous, Lesito! Keep those photos coming!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...