Sunday, July 01, 2012

Sunday 1st July 2012…….Rabbits, rabbits. rabbits!!!

Again I received some very sad news last night one of my near and dear friends is in Intensive care. with respect to the family, no names but my thoughts and prayers go out to you all at this time.  It made me again reflect on my life and how I spend my time…..your lifestyle can change in an instant and I feel so blessed at this time to be doing the travelling that I am…it is also a time I think of all those people in my life that are so important to me from my wonderful and supportive family to special and dear friends some I see often some I see not often enough..you have all touched my life in a way I shall never forget!!!

I have not mentioned it but it is very hot in this part of the world I like it that way but just walking across the street to the grocery store can bring on a sweat for me and I find I am drinking copious amounts of water, juice and milk and the apartment is really very nice and again just the one complaint miss my tea!!!!

This morning I took the local bus about 45 minutes to a town called Pula just down the coast this is one of the towns I had picked out to stay and I thought I would check it out. The town is famous for

DSCF1385

and it was my first stop, by the way the cost of the bus return was 40 Kuna about 7 dollars.

It really was an awesome sight to be standing in the very same spot that once stood the fighting men of the Empire!!!

DSCF1363

DSCF1364

DSCF1365

DSCF1376

DSCF1383

DSCF1380

It was worth the trip just to see this magnificent ruin and a good job too because the rest of the town I did not rate at all and I am so glad I decided to stay in Rovinj leaps and bounds a better town….caught the afternoon bus back home changed and went straight down for a swim to cool off…spent a long time swimming and enjoying the time.

DSCF1394

After having such great internet connection it has gone..it went like this yesterday and the young girl downstairs fixed it for me but I have no idea how she did it and she is not around right now so I am posting this from the Internet café.

I am on my way out to eat I found a restaurant this morning that looks like it has good food and they also have a large screen TV so I can watch the final of the European soccer between Spain and Italy…I think I am cheering for Italy.

Well I picked the wrong team to cheer for as Spain retained the title they won 4 years ago…..it was a great game and to watch surrounded by so many different Nationalities in an open air café in a narrow street in a far off country was a thrill.

Only complaint…the smoking..they obviously have no bans on smoking  and everywhere you go lots of people puffing away a tad annoying….

A special wish to my readers enjoy your evening…..savor all you can, tell someone you love them and show someone you love them…Blessings Les

Came home and would you know it I have Internet again….

3 comments:

Carol said...

Really lovely Les.

How does the size of the amphitheater compare to the size of the Coliseum? Is it much smaller?

It looks huge from the photos... gracias.

mexicokid said...

a little bit smaler but NO CROWDS!!! It was a joy to see cheers Les

Paula and Jerry said...

More beautiful pictures! Gracias, Lesito!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...