Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday 10th June 2012……reflections and a river cruise!!!!

So here is the Champ!!!!   from last night..

DSCF9931

Another good sleep and a bright sunny morning so it was chore time!!!!

DSCF9934

DSCF9935

No comment!!!

The plan today was to walk into the small local town and take a cruise up the Rhine to the town of Boppard about 12 miles up river.

When we walked into the town we saw a confirmation procession!!

DSCF9936

DSCF9938

DSCF9939

DSCF9940

Sit back and enjoy the cruise and the lovely small town!!!

DSCF9941

DSCF9945

DSCF9947

DSCF9952

DSCF9954

DSCF9958

What sane person could resist a portion of this???

DSCF9959

DSCF9961

DSCF9966

DSCF9968

DSCF9969

It was a very special trip and one I shall not forget!!!

We came home for a quick snack (the strawberry tart) and then drove about 15 miles the other way and again took a small ferry across the river to another delightful small town!!!

DSCF9990

DSCF9993

DSCF9982

DSCF9988

DSCF9980

Malc and I decided it was time for a treat for Janet no cooking so we stopped and they had a great pizza and I had some homemade and very tasty tomato soup….

Back home by 8p, and a wonderful Day!!!

We are all showered and clean and ready to start the game …if I don’t win I shall pout all day tomorrow!!!

 

reflections n the trip so far….

I have to say a huge thank you to Janet..she keeps the ship running…prepares incredible meals and snacks and sings and smiles whilst doing so…..she is taking such great care of me thanks so much!!!

Malc is the driver and the planner and doing a terrific job..I know all too well how tiresome it can be driving in a strange country with not so great road signs and especially for him pulling a trailer…top marks to you and also for all the planning you do!!!

This is totally different for me first off not driving I am able to see the lovely sights…sleeping in a tent I wasn’t sure about at first but now I love it, very  comfortable and cozy….

We travel really well together and have lots of laughs and great times…thank you!!!

1 comment:

Paula and Jerry said...

The pictures are so wonderful! Thanks for the memories! It looks and sounds like you are having a wonderful adventure. Keep the blogs coming. We are enjoying them!
Cheers! P & J

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...