Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday 13th June 2012…Happy Birthday Paola and Switzerland!!!!

Paola I hope you have a special and wonderful Birthday!!!!

DSCF0056

So I bet you are wondering how two people can win at scrabble?  Well let me tell you….it was a close game and Janet was in front but Malc was catching up I was ..well let me say I was a bit behind…so with the last move of the game I helped Janet make a 20 point score and the victory..so I consider this a victory for Janet and a half for me……for those keeping a tally the Champion so far is Mally with 3…Janet with 2….and me the supposed Scrabble whiz kid in third place with one and half points!!!!

We were all packed up and on the road by 9.30am this morning and about 80minutes later hitting the border with Switzerland.

DSCF0057

There is no customs control and all we had to do was pay a road toll of 35 Euros for the car and for Stella…this toll is good for a year and well worth it as we later found out the roads are very well maintained and there are lots of tunnels!!

Another hour and we were at the camp site Malc had found just outside Interlaken!!!

DSCF0060

DSCF0064

DSCF0097

The cost of the camp site was about 40 Euros but that includes an extra person, Tilley the tent and also a pass for free buses and trains and some discounts on the cable cars.  The facilities are top notch the best so far!!!!

After some lunch we took the bus

DSCF0068

into town…….enjoy the walk around a bit wet at times but still enjoyable!!!!

DSCF0071

DSCF0074

DSCF0075

DSCF0072

DSCF0076

DSCF0083

This one below is for Paola and Daniela!!!

DSCF0079

DSCF0082

DSCF0084

It was an interesting afternoon and just a sample of what is in store for us the next few days..back on the bus and Janet prepared a gourmet supper and our view out of the window during supper!!!!

DSCF0089

DSCF0094

DSCF0092

I am happy to be in charge of dishes!!!

DSCF0096

Now 10pm and Malc and I are going to see if at the camp office we can watch some soccer then back for the late night scrabble game!!!

Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh how I envy you. We camped Europe way back in 1976 with our three kids. I'm enjoying having a look around the camp grounds again. Do the local bakeries still come in the morning with fresh rolls, bread and fresh orange juice etc? Not every place did this but when they did we certainly enjoyed it.
Thank you for letting us all be part of your trip.
Elaine in Saltair BC

mexicokid said...

Yes the sites are first class yes and for a fe you can order fresh rolls for the morning.Switzerland is very expensive but wonderful cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...