Saturday, June 02, 2012

Saturday 2nd June 2012………You may as well start learning Yorkshire……..evenin all!!!!!!

Hello from jolly old England!!!!!

So after Heather dropped me off at the float plane terminal I waited a few minutes before boarding…

DSCF9583

DSCF9584

I let everyone else board before me and as luck would have it I was instructed to sit in the co-pilot’s seat…..so the views were awesome!!!

DSCF9586

This photo is not too clear but that is Kirby in the police boat waving to me…not sure if he knew I was up front!!!

DSCF9587

Take off was smooth…

DSCF9601

and the views cool!!!!!

DSCF9594

DSCF9595

DSCF9597

The white X is where I went a few weeks ago hiking to Dodd's Narrows…

20 minutes later we arrived at the river terminal!!!

DSCF9603

It was a great start to my epic journey….a free shuttle was waiting to take 8 of us to the Vancouver airport about a 7 minute ride and as I had already checked in on line and had my boarding card I missed the crowds…

DSCF9607

which was where the only little hiccup occurred…..I was travelling with a small suitcase and my backpack and I was checking both those ..no problem…but then the lady asked me to put my carry on back pack on the scale and it weighed 10kg and she told me I was only allowed 5kg and I would have to take the excess out of my day pack into one of my checked bags….I have never before heard of a weight restriction on carry on luggage(as an aside later checking their website this new rule came into effect for bookings made after March 1st and I booked my flight in January so had I know that I would have said something)…anyway I just stepped aside and opened my suitcase and pretended to take three books out of my day pack and put them in my suitcase but what I actually did was put the books in between my fanny pack that I was wearing and the small of my back…closed the suitcase up and went back and now my carry on pack weighed 6kg so I just smiled and she said OK and off my checked bags went in one direction I went in the other direction and when I rounded the corner I just put the books back in my back pack…am I sneaky or what??????

Had about 90 minutes to kill before boarding time so just enjoyed walking around the terminal and checking out the stores before boarding

DSCF9609

and we left on time at 6pm.

The flight was full and I had paid an extra 80 dollars to get a seat in the exit row with extra leg room which I was happy for.

DSCF9612

  I would have preferred an aisle seat but when I booked all they had was a window but the views were quite wonderful!!!

DSCF9610

DSCF9620

DSCF9624

DSCF9625

The flight was almost 9 hours and I was surprised how quickly it went by….it was light the whole way and I read lots of literature on the countries I shall be visiting and making notes…..had great music on my I pod…drank lots of water…..had my delicious sandwich, thanks Heather!!!!

Arrived at Manchester on time at 11am….it took about 30 minutes to get my bags and then outside to see the smiling face of Janet and my much older but cuter Brother Malc!!!!

We had a great journey home Janet had made some sandwiches and home about 1pm..amazing how far you can travel these days in a few hours….

My nephew Andy came over for a visit and was great to see him but shortly after I hit the wall and had to sleep so went and napped for a couple of hours and felt refreshed.

Different country but same behavior…watched a live soccer game!!!!!

DSCF9627A little private joke but please check out the beautiful new curtains!!!!!

A good staple supper of Fish and chips….then my Niece Sam and her husband Daz came over for a visit and it was so lovely seeing my family again….my other nephew Mark, Claire and little Tom are away this weekend but I will see them on Tuesday.

10pm and I have to crash…so a great day no issues and glad to be in Jolly old England….Blessings to al!!

2 comments:

Paula and Jerry said...

Happy to see you arrived safe and sound, Lesito! Now, let the good times roll.
Cheerio old chap!
P & J

Stacey said...

Hi Les, I heard from Larry & Gail and they reminded me that you were off to Europe for the next few months. I understand you are heading to Croatia. Dave and I and kids spent a month along the shores of Croatia. If you would like any recommendations let me know, there are some wonderful places. Have fun with Stella, I had to laugh as Dave and I were relegated to a tent for our trip and the kids slept in the van!
Stacey in Salmon Arm 8)

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...