Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday 19th October 2011……just when you least expect it!!!!!!

Woke up to fog and drizzle and so I set upon cleaning the inside of Ramona…I polished the wood parts, spray 9 the counter parts, vacuumed the carpet, armouralled the dash!!!!   Wow a busy boy!!

I then emptied the tanks and filled up with fresh water, had a shave and a shower and by 11.45am ready to roll……

Now before I go on with the story I have to go back to yesterday when I checked into the resort…the entrance is guarded by a security window with a gate to get in….the person that checked me in yesterday was a very obese woman in her early thirties….it was obvious right away that she had an attitude problem she was very sharp with her replies and bossy with her orders or making me stand here to fill out the form…you get the picture she certainly would not be my choice of being the first person you encounter when you entered my place of business.  One of the things she did tell me was the check out time was 11am…….throughout the park there were many signs saying do this do not do this fines will be imposed etc.!!!

So when I go to leave the gate is down and I have to hand back my site number form it was the same woman!!!!

This is the conversation that ensued!!!!

I handed her the form

She shouted, yes shouted at me you are one hour late

Sorry I got behind with my chores

shouting at me what if I needed that space I am going to charge you another days rent

I am sorry I am late it is raining there are over 200 empty spaces just let me go I am not paying another 21 dollars

She is now so irate she is frothing at the mouth…you have to pay 10 dollars before I open the gate and let you go

What I could not understand was I was the one who should be upset and shouting so why was she

I told her that is the most insane thing I had heard of but I knew she would not open the gate so I handed her 10 dollars she was writing something down, she snatched the money from me and threw the receipt in the window….

I had enough I picked up the receipt got out went to her window handed her the receipt  and said to her…….sweet pea I am having a great time and even paying the outrageous 10 dollars to you is not going to spoil it…please get help for your problems and have a great rest of the day…got back in Ramona she opened the gate and I drove out!!!!

Can you believe this…I really was inside irate at the whole episode!!!

I went straight to MacDonald's got on the Internet found the resort’s e mail address and fired off an e mail to them..I also sent an e mail to head office of Passport America outlining my treatment.  I cannot remember the last time anyone was so rude to me!!!

So on my way to

oct19 002

but as soon as I entered the park the rain and fog came down!!

oct19 003

oct19 004

oct19 006

I carried on for about 30 minutes then decided to get off the parkway onto the Interstate and drove to Staunton where I am parked in the parking lot of Wal-Mart and it is chucking it down…..

Had supper and a shower and now 8pm time for tea and a movie and hopefully the rain will be gone by the morning and I can continue the drive……

Funny day eh???

Just so glad that I have a great life lots of friends, fun and exciting happenings and not feel like that lady in the booth!!!

Just took a walk and found a Baskin Robins..US answer to Timmies…had one donut and enjoyed their free WIFI…so posting this!!

Map picture

3 comments:

Esther said...

Wow....unbelievable that such a person would be allowed to greet guests....but really great how you handled it!

Elaine said...

You handled the whole ugly encounter just the way you should have. More people should do just as you did. I wonder if you'll receive an answer.
Elaine in Saltair.

mexicokid said...

I was just amazed at how she went at me..doesn't she realize how cute I am?????

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...