Friday, October 07, 2011

Tuesday 4th October 2011….wet and wonderful!!

The plans were set for today….up at 7.30am and got some cereal and then head for Hamilton and the library and post all the blogs…so far so good…..I get out to the compound where Little Bonita was parked and just as I was getting ready to leave when the dark clouds came in and the rain started!!!

oct4 001

I was under a canopy but still managed to get absolutely soaked!!

oct4 003

I had forgotten how fast and hard the rain can come down and believe me I was just like I had come out of the shower…so I had no choice… back to the ship and jumped straight in the shower….went to the buffet for tea and toast and it was starting to clear and had stopped raining!!

So I did the same thing again back to the scooter and this time got about a mile down the road when the heavens opened again even heavier rain than before…I knew it would be foolish to go all the way to Hamilton in these conditions.

HAMILTONHA

So I turned around and back to the ship even wetter than the time before of course the crew at the ship checking passengers in and out had a good chuckle at me a drowned rat twice in one hour!!!!

So yet another shower and back for a cup of tea and now in the library it looks pretty bleak what a pity for all those passengers that had booked tours!!

So I have some down time and a chance to reflect back on the last few days…so here are some thoughts in no apparent order….

I have enjoyed the first cruise and would cruise again but I think I would bring a friend to share all the excitement!

A new understanding for just how huge these ships are over 1200 crew!!!!  All the money it must cost to run, the fuel, the food……

Then the little irksome things….they charge 2 dollars for a bottle of water….3 dollars for a throw away poncho for the rain…if you are by the pool and you forgot your suntan lotion..no problem for 1 dollar there is a machine dispensing a squirt of lotion!!

Bermuda is beautiful but glad I never stayed longer than I did much to small and confining for my likes now although the beaches and the ocean are an absolute delight!!!

I really enjoying coming back here I spent a large part of my life here and the memories are all good…the Island was good to me!!

I really appreciate what I have now and how I spend my life and the incredible friends that I have!!

I tip my hat to about 12 passengers on board men and women who are caregivers to about a dozen special needs passengers ..some of these people have severe disabilities and the caregivers are so patient and good with them.

I miss Ramona and the open road.

I am looking forward to being in Mexico and all that involves and the girls are right up there.

Here are some photos to show how big the Dawn is…

ct4 001

ct4 003

ct4 010

Another famous Bermuda landmark!!

ct4 004

ct4 005

ct4 007

So I spent the majority of my time in the library, walking the decks until I thought I just have to do it….probably my last swim in Bermuda….I had the scooter rented till 11.30am but they gave my the special of bringing it back at 3pm…so I dressed in just my shorts and Police rain jacket, no towels nothing else and out into the rain and it was 2pm so I stopped first at the bike store and asked if I could get another extension till 4.30pm I pleaded about it being so wet this morning and unable to get out and they told me yes…so I very slowly and in the rain rode to the famous beach called Horseshoe Bay…the waves were huge and I had the whole beach to myself….so in the rain I walked the beaches many times up and down and enjoyed my quiet thoughts….then into the warm waters one last time..said goodbye to the beautiful pink sand beach and carefully drove back to the cycle shop and returned Little Bonita and boarded the ship at 4.45pm…15 minutes before the last time posted and at 5.30pm took this final photo of the Island!!

ct4 011

After I showered and had supper and on my way to the first show when I saw these incredible night skies…the photos really don’t do justice to how spectacular the cloud formations were..watched for nearly 30 minutes!!!!

ct4 012

ct4 013

ct4 026

The big show tonight was a Comedy and Improv show and the cast were excellent!!!

From there I went to another showroom and had an entertaining time watching the crews version of Dancing with the Stars…I must say that all the entertainment has been first class.

So now almost midnight…the seas are rocking already and with a tinge of sadness I have said farewell to my Island!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...