Friday, October 07, 2011

Thursday 6th October 2011…Last full day at sea!!!

I am amazed at how well I have slept on board for a guy who is accustomed to his own Hutterrite Pillow, flannel sheets, down comforter and 3 inch foamy…I have slept great!!!

Today is a busy day with lots of activities….the wind is still blowing about 30 mph and the seas about 13 foot swells and quite rough but one pill every 12 hours and I feel really good…..went for my 3 mile walk this morning before I headed for another great omelette and toast and at 10am time for the ping pong tournament….there were only three of us and I won the first game and lost in the final 21-19….the gentleman that won deserved his victory!!!

oct6 004-1

Next it was back to my room and started to pack I know I brought way too many clothes!!!

That Joel he has been at it again..now I have hanging animals!!

oct6 001

At 1pm went to another magic show, this guy is really good and I would love to know how he does some of his tricks….then off to the main theatre for a game of “Kids say the darnest things”  This was really funny and the kids who took part were awesome…a good time!!!

Now up to the top deck for the soccer penalty kick shootout!!!

oct6 010-1Five guys were in this competition and I must admit my trusty right foot came through again!!!!!

Some deck scenes!!!

oct6 002

oct6 003

This afternoon it was one show right after the other all great entertainment!!

oct6 005-1

oct6 007-1

oct6 009

oct6 013

oct6 011-1

The above photo shows what I think was the best act of the whole week…..they had an International Talent contest involving the crew members and the grand finale was this sketch put on by the cruise staff and the guy standing in the middle is the cruise director….a Brit and a very funny man….anyway the act was so comical…no words were spoken…the jugs they are carrying contained water and the act was just spitting the water out of their mouths but trust me it was the funniest thing I have  seen in years all done to music!!!

After getting cleaned up and finished packing it was off to supper then to the grand theatre for the production Bollywood…..then a game show the Perfect Couple and then the Quest and the last act at midnight was the comedy and improv troupe!!!

I have really enjoyed all the entertainment it was all first class and I tried to participate in as much as I could.

I have an early start tomorrow 7am it is US Customs Inspection…cannot wait after what happened to me last week!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...