Friday, October 07, 2011

Friday 7th October 2011…….back to Ramona!!

So the only line ups I found on the cruise was this morning at 7am when Non US Citizens had to report to US Customs on board the ship at Boston terminal.

Oct7 001

Being as my last border crossing did not go too well I was a bit leery but no questions asked even got my passport stamped.

So after the bus, tube and train I was happy and thankful to see Glenn waiting for me at the train station a few minutes from his house.  Again I have to give thanks to a lovely family who didn’t know me from Adam, who opened up their home to me, made me feel part of their family and also let me keep Ramona in the driveway whilst I was away…so kind thank you!!

This afternoon I watched Glenn do some work on his house I offered to help but I guess he sensed I wasn’t the handyman type!!! Lilly and I played soccer / tennis…she has great skills and at 11 years of age a much better left foot than I ever had!!!

When Kath came home she offered to take me out in the boat

Oct7 002

around the three small lakes….it was a gorgeous afternoon sunny and warm!!!

Oct7 003

Oct7 006

Oct7 008

Oct7 005

Just beautiful photos I think you agree?  That was a great ride thanks!!

After supper we sat around and had a lazy evening watching TV…everyone in the house is a soccer fanatic…so works for me we watched a soccer game!!!

I am all unpacked and everything put away in Ramona…before I left Kath let me take all my food items out of the fridge and freezer and I defrosted the fridge and turned it off…it is now all shiny and clean and re stocked again!!

The plan is for me to leave in the morning and go to the town of Falmouth on Cape Cod where I shall stay for a couple of days with friends who I played tennis with in San Miguel and Greg has booked a court for Sunday morning…Cape Cod I am told is very beautiful and the next few days are supposed to be really warm.

Then Monday I shall head down towards New York City I want to spend a couple of days seeing the sights!!!

So as Willie says in his song…”Back on the road again”

I had a fabulous time on my first cruise loved every minute and participated in as much as I could.  I also really enjoyed going back to Bermuda…it is a remarkable and beautiful Island….so glad I was able to do both of these things from my list…..of course the cost was right too!!!

Map picture

Tomorrow’s destination!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...